Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was installing a tow hitch, and noticed the angles on the shackles. are they supposed to be angled, or straight down? :dunno::dunno:

drivers side

passengers side

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
This angle is very close to how every set of stock shackles look. :)

·
F&@k Y'all, I'm from Texas
13,742 Posts
Your truck came with shackles?

Reactions: tightywhitey

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
am i the only one not running cb's shackles? i was just looking for an excuse to buy some, and thanks to 30plus they are in the works. pm'd cb and waiting on a response. just need to see if ill be going with shims on top of a 2.5 spacer and cb's 2 in rear or a 612 ome front, and cb's 3 in rear. still reading through all the ome's post i can find.. stay tuned.

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
am i the only one not running cb's shackles? i was just looking for an excuse to buy some, and thanks to 30plus they are in the works. pm'd cb and waiting on a response. just need to see if ill be going with shims on top of a 2.5 spacer and cb's 2 in rear or a 612 ome front, and cb's 3 in rear. still reading through all the ome's post i can find.. stay tuned.
How about OME 612 up front and 2 of CB's shims on each side for a total lift up front of 4", that's what I am running and I love it. :D

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How about OME 612 up front and 2 of CB's shims on each side for a total lift up front of 4", that's what I am running and I love it. :D
thanks for the heads up, just finished reading about your setup in a post i was reading, and im interested:D i have a 4.6 so im still searching and reading up, but i like your setup.:)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Im going to star charging CB comission,lol :D

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
thanks for the heads up, just finished reading about your setup in a post i was reading, and im interested:D i have a 4.6 so im still searching and reading up, but i like your setup.:)
If your truck is only a 4.6 v8 don't go to high since you will need bigger tires for the truck to look good. Try to stay with 33" to 34" tires with 3" to 4" lift. Also remenber to install a transfer case drop.

·
13,742 Posts
am i the only one not running cb's shackles?
I don't. But if I lifted the rear, I would.

If your truck is only a 4.6 v8 don't go to high since you will need bigger tires for the truck to look good. Try to stay with 33" to 34" tires with 3" to 4" lift. Also remenber to install a transfer case drop.
Differential drop, not a transfer case drop.

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
PM replied :)

As mentioned above about the OME 612's this is a excellent method. the Tundra's factory strut assembly and coil is in my opinion too soft for the weight of the truck. If your budget allow the OME's are a much better overall setup than any spacer lift. If you end up going this route I would suggest using one shim on the LH side and my +3" shackles in the rear. When replying to your PM I didn't realize you may upgrade your coils and struts.

+1 on the OME's :)

·
13,742 Posts
Reactions: marcosgnz
1 - 13 of 13 Posts