Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
messing with the idea of buying a ARB Fridge for my truck. Any one ever use one? i do alot of camping and it seems like a good idea, I do ok lugging around 2 ice chest one for meats and the other for beers but the idea of not having to worry about meat/food getting soggy and loading ice sounds good. At a $1200 price take is it worth it? im looking at the new ARB Elements 63qt. its water resistant so i would be able to leave it in the bed of the truck and not have to worry about it. If anyone owns one id like to hear your experience.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a Dometic CF 50, hands down the best money I have ever spent. I recently sold my kitted out "overland" Xterra, but when we had it, the fridge was a mandatory item that went everywhere. I think it cost around $650 US, and if it walked away today I'd buy another. It will keep food as cold as you want, beer stays icy cold, and it will freeze food (ice cream) if you want) I found it to be very efficient, I had a dual battery setup with solar, and my system could easily power the fridge for 4 -5 days without any problems at all. Normally, we were moving every couple days, so it was never a questions. I noticed that even after I brought it in the house, and unplugged it, it would keep food and beers icy cold for a good 24 hours after that.
When we take the travel trailer, the Dometic comes along and sits outside as a beer and pop fridge. When we go to Costco, it comes along to bring meat back. We've taken it on 6000+KM road trips, gone off-roading with it, and it never fails. It has a lo/med/hi auto shut-off option so that it won't kill your truck battery if it draws down too much voltage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Buddy of mine has the ARB fridge in his 4Runner. It's pretty sweet. Used it a few times while camping. No issues. Stayed cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
Its expensive, I've never used one. I have a Coleman cooler that plugs into the power port and it does just fine. Just remember after a couple hours the power to the power outlets is cut so you'll have to either cycle the key on/off to get power back occasionally, or find another way to power it while you are parked.

I looked at the ARB refrigerator, but I just don't go out camping enough anymore to make it worth while. However, if you do a lot of camping for longer periods of time its certainly something I'd look at.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I run an ARB 63 in the rear and its worth evert penny if you use it. I use mine for work as well as play, so its basically plugged in all the time. I plug it in to the shack when parked and I have a 12V lead run into my canopy for when I'm driving. Works perfectly.

I used mine to bring Dairy Queen Blizzards out to the rig last summer when it was 30 degrees celsius outside. Turned it down, 90 minutes later the boys had unmelted treats. Its great!
Thats said, its a lot of money for occasional use.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having a fridge in truck a great idea. My uncle have ARB fridge in his truck. He used it to put cold drink and water bottle. He is very happy by using Arb fridge in his truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts