Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

So before I go crazy with my SC setup I am covering all of the safety/cooling aspects of the car. I was thinking about buying a rad from Mishimoto, they are pretty popular in the tuner world is seems and they have a 1-year no questions asked warranty which is nice especially if I hit a deer or get into an accident (although something tells me the deer would be hurting more than my Tundra ;) ). Anyway have any of you forum members tried their Tundra radiator? The price is nice but how is the quality and fitment?

Any help would be great, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had one of their 3-rows in my supra I used to own until some douchebag t-boned and totaled it. Quality and fitment were great and it cooled so well that the stock secondary e-fans NEVER turned on again.

Cost was $300 dollars cheaper than any other aftermarket aluminum radiator offered. HTH.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just e-mailed them and asked, they have 1st gens but said if I was in the LA area they would test fit a radiator for me for 2nd gen...

I had one of their 3-rows in my supra I used to own until some douchebag t-boned and totaled it. Quality and fitment were great and it cooled so well that the stock secondary e-fans NEVER turned on again.

Cost was $300 dollars cheaper than any other aftermarket aluminum radiator offered. HTH.
Damn, I hate to see another Supra totaled :( but at least the rad worked well while you had it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just e-mailed them and asked, they have 1st gens but said if I was in the LA area they would test fit a radiator for me for 2nd gen...
Someone from Socal needs to jump on this immediately. They will do what they say, and if it does not fit perfectly they will design a radiator kit for the second gen. if there is enough interest to buy.

I can almost guarantee that cost will be less than $250.

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
Really? I was looking into upgrading my stock radiator and I am in SoCal.....I'll see if I can.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I was under the impression that the S/C kit came with a different radiator...is that right? If so, why would you need to get a different one besides the one in the kit? Is it of higher quality? I have plans for the S/C in the future, that is why I am asking.

Thanks.

·
"I'm your Huckleberry"
2,204 Posts
I was under the impression that the S/C kit came with a different radiator...is that right? If so, why would you need to get a different one besides the one in the kit? Is it of higher quality? I have plans for the S/C in the future, that is why I am asking.

Thanks.
Negative, it uses the stock radiator. It comes with an intercooler, maybe you thought that was it. Nothing wrong with having a stock radiator, just wanted to have a bigger one. It'll probably look better too.;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts