Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the JL 8W3v3 sub would fit in the factory JBL crewmax box and then put a bigger amp on it. Anyone tried this or have n opinion?

·
Registered
13,893 Posts
I heard an 8w3, sounded fugging great for a tiny sub, it was in the jl pre-fab box... 300 rms... I was surprised.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
In trying to keep a stock appearance, I am currently using a Kenwood Excelon 8" slim sub in the factory box. It is powered with a JL 300/1 XD.

I was also going to keep the stock HU, but have decided to go with a Kenwood DNX690HD.

As the sub breaks in, it is sounding better. I will try and give an update in a few days when the HU is installed. Hopefully I remember, this Kingpin beer with 7.5% is really starting to have an effect....;)

·
Registered
527 Posts
I was wondering if the JL 8W3v3 sub would fit in the factory JBL crewmax box and then put a bigger amp on it. Anyone tried this or have n opinion?
I was seriously considering this. The JL 8w3 is rated to work down to 35w and supposedly the stock JBL amp puts out 55w to the stock JBL sub. I would only imagine that the JL Audio sub is a fare bit more efficient than the JBL one. I think it could be a good swap for a bit more hit.

I would love to hear more input on this as an Audiophile I am not.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts