Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

Anyone running the Alpharex headlights?

17K views 28 replies 9 participants last post by  Powertechn2 
#1 ·
#3 · (Edited)
Sub’d as I too just recently found these and was thinking about asking the same question. Looks like no dice as of yet.

Reactions: Powertechn2
#5 ·
No one on here has said they have. Unfortunately.

FB has a few posts from guys, some love them, a few of them the drivers side reflector is canted/not straight...

Have not really seen any light output pics at night for the 3rd gen that really showed how well the light output is or isn't. Mainly guys post pics of them on the truck and how they look. I am more interested in output.

Reactions: ebone3
#7 ·
I will say that someone (dealer I guess) posted yesterday on fb, and at the price of mid three-hundy, they are still looking like a possible option for me.

Too bad I discovered my heat exchanger on the furnace in the house is cracked tonight. Lol.

#9 ·
It's just a furnace, can't complain at 20 years old, everything breaks eventually.

If you contact them, and/or buy them, please post up.

The headlight adjusters can be swapped, which is a good thing.

Reactions: ebone3
#10 ·
they look nice, usually aftermarket look like poo poo and take on water ect.. I may have a go at these. I wanted the OEM lights off a newer truck but don't want to spend 1000$ and have to fool with adapters and stuff.

#12 ·
There’s an all LED option being released or has been released I believe as well for second gens but they are in the $1000 range I think atm.

I actually found a shop locally through the retrofit source that does headlight work that I may bring the truck down to and let them put led projectors and whatever else I decide on in the factory lights that I already have blhm’ed.

Reactions: Powertechn2
#14 ·
They look good!!!

Report back with some pics of light output if you could please.

#16 ·
Thanks man!!

#20 ·
That's pretty good output for a fairly inexpensive light set!!

And they look good too!

Did you wire in the unlocking flash feature, and did you go with an hid kit too it looks?

#22 ·
I’ve got them, but I haven’t put them in yet.. bought them with intention to swap projectors.

Reactions: Krazyjhawk
#26 ·
Yes they use H7 bulbs on the projector. I've had them for a little over a month and I am still very pleased. Below is the actual lights I ordered from the company.

FYI: to all of my Veterans in this group, request veterans discount. They will honor upon proff of service which saved me some money.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

#27 ·

Running them on my 2011 Tundra. Great light output. I use HIDs instead on LED bulbs. These have a built in LED high beam chip. They are projectors, so they have a hard cutoff line. A lot different than reflector headlights, but still great output. Won’t blind oncoming traffic with these due to the cutoff line.

#28 ·
Just curious if anyone on here is running these, and how they do at night?

https://alpharexusa.com/product/14-19-toyota-tundra-pro-series-projector-headlights-jet-black/
Just curious if anyone on here is running these, and how they do at night?

https://alpharexusa.com/product/14-19-toyota-tundra-pro-series-projector-headlights-jet-black/
I have these on my 2007 tundra, I've had them almost a year and am now having wiring issues, my drive side turn signal no longer works. And after viewing forum after forum I've noticed a trend of big issues with these lights and get the general stay away

#29 ·
I went a different route, I went with V-Land headlights, and have had them on for a year and a half and they've had no issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.