Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 8" system with the Helmholtz resonator built into the system instead of the tail pipe. Keith recommended me do the tail pipe, but I guess I wanted to be different. It still has some drone at 1500 Rpms so Keith is sending me a tailpipe Helmholtz for free. I've just never seen anyone running 2 of them. I'm hoping it doesn't make the system to quite or cause more back pressure with 2 resonators on it. Keith has never tested this system this way so he isn't exactly sure how it will sound.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have the budget system with two Helmholtz Resonators. My system was built to dump before the axle and has a Helmholtz built in, then I also got the additional Helmholtz for the tail pipe section. My system droned a little bit before I put on the tailpipe section, now, I love it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the budget system with two Helmholtz Resonators. My system was built to dump before the axle and has a Helmholtz built in, then I also got the additional Helmholtz for the tail pipe section. My system droned a little bit before I put on the tailpipe section, now, I love it.
Awesome thanks! Did it make it a lot quieter or just take away the drone?

·
Registered
672 Posts
Awesome thanks! Did it make it a lot quieter or just take away the drone?
quieter...not really. The Budget is a little raspy, so it did take a lot of that out. As a matter of fact, @rjay123 listened to my system before he bought his budget system and my system sounded different. Yes it also took away the drone. I love my budget system with the two Helmholtz.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Got a pic great Scott?

The man. The myth. The legend.
I don't, but I can take one tonight. My budget looks just like the dumped budgets on @dirtydeeds website, but my budget has the flange or whatever it is called, so I can attach my factory exhaust pipe. So, my first Helmholtz is in the budget system and my second is in the factory exhaust pipe by the spare tire.

·
Registered
70 Posts
quieter...not really. The Budget is a little raspy, so it did take a lot of that out. As a matter of fact, @rjay123 listened to my system before he bought his budget system and my system sounded different. Yes it also took away the drone. I love my budget system with the two Helmholtz.
I thought your setup, having the two resonators, sounded really good. Definitely seemed to take out more of the rasp and sounded better compared to just having one Helmholtz like mine originally did IMO.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i don't have any resonators on my budget system. you should man up and learn to love the sound that you have been blessed with.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't care as much. But the drone is at 55-65 mph which is where I spend 90% of my driving. 70 plus you can hear the exhaust just no droning. I love the sound of the system just the droning is annoying when your trying to have a conversation or talk on the phone.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i use the drone to prevent conversations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts