Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a heck of a time trying to find the right place to mount my Tekonsha P3 in my 2014 Crewmax SR5. I have the middle seat and not the big center console. Anyone have some ideas?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Mine is mounted under the dash above my right leg. At first I thought it might get in the way there but in 8 months I've never hit it, and frankly I forget its down there.

·
Registered
260 Posts
2010Crewmaxtrd, that is where i want to install my p3. Currently I have it under the dash by my right knee. Is there a install DIY to mount the p3 in that location in your pic? I'm trying to do a search right now and can't find it. I swear I came across one a couple years ago.

Reactions: Scott Stewart

·
Registered
318 Posts
I also have mounted it under the dash above my right knee in all my Tundras. I am 6'2" and it has never gotten in my way....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I know you have a bench seat, but does it still have the area between the power ports?

Reactions: Vettelover84

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i mounted my p3 under the left of the dash above emergency brake and right below the interior light. i made a custom bracket to make it sit up tight against the dash. it is out of the way and works great for me. sorry no pics of it.

Reactions: cueto

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
2010Crewmaxtrd, that is where i want to install my p3. Currently I have it under the dash by my right knee. Is there a install DIY to mount the p3 in that location in your pic? I'm trying to do a search right now and can't find it. I swear I came across one a couple years ago.
No idea if there is a DIY or not but all you do is pop the square panel off then remove the little worthless cubby and insert the P3. I put a little double sided tape on the top and bottom to help with vibration but it might not even be needed. I can move it side to side if needed but it always stays put.

·
Registered
27 Posts
How do you remove this panel to replace it?

Thanks for posting this photo. I have been trying to figure out where to screw my brake controller in until I saw this post. How do you take the old panel off to replace it with this one? Also did you order it online? Thanks!

2014 Tundra Limited CrewMax 4x4 Super White

·
Registered
148 Posts
I ordered at at the local dealership, they figured out what part to order. It simply pulls out.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Dealership parts guy finally got me this 2014 dash panel. Have not had a chance to mount my P3 in it yet, but it looks like it is going to work out well.
Thanks for the info and the pictures. May seem like a funny request but can you post a picture of the back of the panel and if you install it post some pictures of how you removed the existing panel? I looked at that spot and noticed the knee air bag below the steering wheel. Seems like that panel needs to be removed to replace the panel you posted. I don't like fooling around with air bags thy much but I do like the idea of mounting the P3 in that location. Did that panel come with a blank panel to fill the gap around where the P3 will be mounted or will we need to fab something for that?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Subbed. I'd like to see pics of the finished product.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I will try to take a pic of the back of piece tomorrow. I have been too busy to follow through with install right now.

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
I ordered my Tekonsha P3 trailer brake controller so I am going to have the dealer order me this part. Hopefully I can install the controller in such a way that you can't see behind the panel too much. P

·
Registered
27 Posts
Panel Purchased

I picked up my panel today at Toyota (great post!!) and placed an order for the P3 online this morning. If anyone can take a pic of what it looks like behind the panel before you snap it back in that would be great. I am wondering how the P3 will mount since there is a huge space from the buttons above that you can mount it on. I was thinking maybe mount it from the bottom but haven't seen a bracket like that and don't want to mess with the manual brake portion. BTW - taking the panel off is tricky because I felt like it would break.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts