Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Same brand tho, right? If so, should be similar result. I'm looking to see how dependable their lifts are

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Yup, Tuff Country... My B-I-L swears by it. He's running it in his Dodge diesel(don't know which model). His friend has it on his Chevy diesel(don't know which model). And all have been good first hand reviews so far.

We'll see how it does on the Tundras.

Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm hoping this lift works out well for you..I've known a couple of guys that had Tuff country lifts on the 78-79 broncos and had nothing but good things. I love the idea of a 4.5" lift that can retain the factory wheels...

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
I'm a bit late here. My laser shop cuts all the Tuff Country's products and is quality built. They do hang and shoot their products though, this is a degrease and powder coat process.
The only way to apply powder coating correctly is to soda blast or sand blast before powdering.** Tuff Country does not do this.. as well as most MFG's ** #4 of warranty :)

Please be aware the finish will only last one year on average.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Tuff Country Inc. (Tuff Country EZ-Ride Suspension) products are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for life if purchased, installed and maintained on a non-commercial vehicle; otherwise, for a period of twelve (12) months, from the date of purchase and installation on a commercial vehicle, or twelve thousand (12,000) miles ( which ever occurs first). Tuff Country does not warranty or make any representations concerning Tuff Country products when not installed and used strictly in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions for such installation, operation and accordance with good installation and maintenance practices of the automotive industry.

This warranty is exclusive and is in lieu of any implied warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose or other warranty of quality, whether express or implied, except the warranty of title. All implied warranties are limited to the duration of the warranty. The remedies set forth in this warranty are exclusive.

NOTICE TO THE CONSUMER:

(1) KEEP YOUR ORIGINAL RECEIPT! IF FAILURE SHOULD OCCUR, YOUR RECEIPT MUST ACCOMPANY WITH UNIT TO RECEIVE WARRANTY.

(2) DO NOT INSTALL A BODY LIFT IN COMBINATION OF SUSPENSION SYSTEM. IF SO, WARRANTY WILL BE VOID.

(3) THIS WARRANTY EXCLUDES ALL LABOR CHARGES OR OTHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.

(4) THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT APPLY TO THE COSMETIC FINISH OF TUFF COUNTRY PRODUCTS

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So, are you advising to stay away or to have the parts powder coated before install? Sorry, got lost in all the lawyer talk

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
So, are you advising to stay away or to have the parts powder coated before install? Sorry, got lost in all the lawyer talk

LoL Warranty wording can be slippery :)

Quality is good but the finish is the same as the majority of all after market parts out there. If possible it would def pay to have them sand blasted and powder coated again. Your powder coater will know exactly what you're talking about if you ask them to explain. Its a step in the finishing process many in the business aren't willing to pay for. It took me a long time to find the powder coating company I use now and knowing they're as particular as I am is a good feeling :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I was eyeing the 4" lift. Which is just a bigger spacer with new UCA's and shocks (also standard rear blocks). How does this matchup against the 614 setup?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I wonder if Tundra Monkey ever got this installed. If so, I'd like to see some pics

·
Registered
156 Posts
Done. Will take pics this weekend and post up.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Here she is, finally...

Before

After

Under the front end

Front fender well

Rear fender well

View of rear end

View of front end

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the pics! Looks great! How's the ride? Is it just me, or is the spring bent in the pic of the coil over?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just wanted to see how this lift is holding up after 6 months? Am looking into purchasing one.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Holding up great. But gotta confess, she's only a weekend warrior and doesn't get driven during the week. She only has 7500 miles, LoL!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts