Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently shopping for a suspension lift for my 08 DC 4WD TRD and came across Tuff Country. I looked on here for any threads on this company or lifts some of you may have and couldn't find anything. They offer a lifetime warranty on all of their suspension lift products as well as anything that the lift left affects (as far as suspension is concerned). The kit I am looking at is the 4" suspension lift. Their price is very reasonable and they have been around for 20+ years. Any advice on this lift or this company is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I haven't seen anyone running that kit, but it looks like the Readylift and the old Pure Performance kit that isn't made anymore. They use diff drop spacers like a 3/1 so your cv angles will be fairly bad.

If I was doing a 4" on a 4wd I'd go Pro Comp, Rough Country or the new Fab Tech kit that comes with new spindles(no one on here's done this one either) none of which require you do cut your crossmember.

Reactions: signaltwenty

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the input. I definitely don't want to cut the crossmember and just want to fit 35x12.5x20 tires. At the same time, I want it to be reliable and effective for my light to moderate off reading experiences

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
You can fit 35's with a level kit and wheels with the right offset. If I were to start over I would have gone over 3" though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's a level kit on my truck now that was on there when I bought it. So, idk whether its 2, 2.5 or 3 inch or whatever. I don't mind changing it to a leveling kit that will fit 35's. but, every wheel/tire combination I ask the "experts' about, they say it won't work. I don't mind trimming a little plastic, but I don't was to cut metal or anything significant. What level kit allows for that? Btw, 35x12.5x20 is what I want

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks! I guess I'll be reading the 19 pages of this thread at the FD tomorrow. Lol!!

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I think you need to be around +35 offset but you'll be able to see what guys have gotten away with in that thread.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
I will let you know... That is what's going in my 2013 Tundra. Should be finished by this weekend. Will update after test drive and a little wear and tear.

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
So....are we saying "no" on the tuff country lifts?

I wouldn't. It's just spacers with diff drop spacers and new UCA's to get it in alignment probably for 1K range give or take.
You could get a full OME set up with new Dakar leafs and around 3.5" lift for around 1100 with a quality set up.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I wouldn't. It's just spacers with diff drop spacers and new UCA's to get it in alignment probably for 1K range give or take.
You could get a full OME set up with new Dakar leafs and around 3.5" lift for around 1100 with a quality set up.
They quoted me around $700 and have a lifetime warranty on their parts and the suspension parts their kit affect. That's the only reason I'm exploring them

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
That's how much the old Pure Performance kit retailed for.
Pricewise seems reasonable for amount of lift, but I wouldn't unless I had a 2wd based on the cv angles it would give a 4wd but that's me.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right on. I'd rather do it right once rather than have to constantly fix something

·
Registered
156 Posts
Any updates on the Tuff Country? Inquiring minds want to know ;)
Sorry, no... My B-I-L and I only work on my truck on Saturdays and every time, we are almost done, I end up buying other stuff to add on... Lift is on, but now installing Bestop Powerboards, Spyder Halos, Smittybuilt Street light Bar, PIAA's fogs and Bushwacker flares. Haven't given it a shake down yet.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the update! If you run out of things to buy, I still need plenty =~\

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
156 Posts
Any news on these yet?

Its at the alignment shop as I type... Will be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. Will drive it around and will give ya the news on Monday.

BTW, I misread your post about the lift you were wanting to get, you wanted the 4"... The one I got is the 6" lift. Sorry.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Same brand tho, right? If so, should be similar result. I'm looking to see how dependable their lifts are

1 - 20 of 33 Posts