Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
I am thinking of putting a JL Audio CS110TG-TW3 PowerWedge sub enclosure behind the rear seat of my 16 CM. Anyone have one in their CM and how do you like it? Does it fit and if so how tight is it?

Here is the link to it: https://www.crutchfield.com/p_136110TGW3/JL-Audio-CS110TG-TW3.html?tp=112

Thanks
It won't fit behind a 3rd (2.5) gen Tundra.

I had a 2010 CM, and the rear seats would move, and it would fit. My 17, I can't fit either of my boxes from my 2010.

I have a JL 13tw5 in a sealed truck wedge box bottom depth was 6.5", and also have 2 SI BM MKIV's (12"), bottom depth was also 6.5", and both fit my 2010, but neither fit my 17 without modifying the seat brackets. In the 2010 I had to move it forward a couple of clicks. There's a bracket that I think causes more of an issue than just the depth itself, at least in the case of my boxes as they are wider than what you listed.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't fit behind a 3rd (2.5) gen Tundra.

I had a 2010 CM, and the rear seats would move, and it would fit. My 17, I can't fit either of my boxes from my 2010.

I have a JL 13tw5 in a sealed truck wedge box bottom depth was 6.5", and also have 2 SI BM MKIV's (12"), bottom depth was also 6.5", and both fit my 2010, but neither fit my 17 without modifying the seat brackets. In the 2010 I had to move it forward a couple of clicks. There's a bracket that I think causes more of an issue than just the depth itself, at least in the case of my boxes as they are wider than what you listed.
No offense, but the 12" and 13" versions are not the same as this 10" version--they are larger. So I would not assume this one won't fit. In fact, a few years ago when I was looking to buy this 10" version I read where it would barely fit, but I cannot find that post now. I am looking for someone to confirm that actually has it or has tried it. I have read lots of posts stating the 12" and 13" versions will not fit. This is for a 3rd generation. Thanks

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
No offense, but the 12" and 13" versions are not the same as this 10" version--they are larger. So I would not assume this one won't fit. In fact, a few years ago when I was looking to buy this 10" version I read where it would barely fit, but I cannot find that post now. I am looking for someone to confirm that actually has it or has tried it. I have read lots of posts stating the 12" and 13" versions will not fit. This is for a 3rd generation. Thanks
Well, no offense back, but you are wrong in stating the 12" and 13" are larger...

The depth dimensions listed for the box you linked to are larger than the boxes that I have that do not fit... :facepalm:

The 12" subs I listed actually have less depth than the 10tw3... 3.2" vs 3.25"...

AND the 13tw5 is actually more shallow yet at 2.54" than both the SI MKIV's, and the 10tw3...

The only thing that might make that box work is that it is less wide than my boxes.

The subs are not the issue, it is the box. With a correct sized box, the sub you listed, and the subs I listed will both fit. Bottom depth, top depth, and width are the determining factors, especially with non movable seats, and the goofy bracket that gets in the way, that has to have a cutout in the box to fit.

You could always remove a rear seat and measure, but I guess that wouldn't make sense.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Powertech the SPEAKER BOX IS ALL THAT MATTERS. The speaker dimensions mean nothing and are not relevant. I am not building a box. I am buying one. I am NOT wrong. To help you out I will list the dimensions for each right off the JL Audio website (hint, the 10" version is smaller):

JL Audio 10" speaker BOX: 19-1/8"W x 12-5/8"H x 6-1/2"D1 (7-1/4" with grille) x 4-3/8"D2

JL Audio 12" speaker BOX: 21-1/4"W x 14-5/8"H x 4-1/2"D1 x 7"D2 (without grille)

JL Audio 13" speaker BOX: 21-1/4"W x 15-3/4"H x 7-1/4"D1 x 4-1/2"D2 (without grille)

By the way, when you look at the smaller top thickness you have to realize that the room behind the seat from bottom to top is pie shaped, and thus 4" at 12" height is more likely to fit than 4" at 15" height. The top is where it is more likely to run out of room. I am measuring 7" from the bracket to the back rubber insulation pad on the backside of the cab (at the bottom). I am not worried about the bottom.

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
Powertech the SPEAKER BOX IS ALL THAT MATTERS. The speaker dimensions mean nothing and are not relevant. I am NOT wrong. To help you out I will list the dimensions for each right off the JL Audio website (hint, the 10" version is smaller):

JL Audio 10" speaker BOX: 19-1/8"W x 12-5/8"H x 6-1/2"D1 (7-1/4" with grille) x 4-3/8"D2

JL Audio 12" speaker BOX: 21-1/4"W x 14-5/8"H x 4-1/2"D1 x 7"D2 (without grille)

JL Audio 13" speaker BOX: 21-1/4"W x 15-3/4"H x 7-1/4"D1 x 4-1/2"D2 (without grille)

By the way, when you look at the smaller top thickness you have to realize that the room behind the seat from bottom to top is pie shaped, and thus 4" at 12" height is more likely to fit than 4" at 15" height.

Clearly you are wrong and I already knew that. If you don't know the answer to something, don't comment. And don't try to hide that you do not know what you are talking about by talking about raw speaker and not BOXES. I don't need incorrect information. I am not building a box--I am buying one and I even put a picture of it in my OP.

Clearly, you are the one that has no idea what you are talking about when it comes to car audio.

You don't know the difference between a 13tw5, or even what an Si Bm MKIV sub is.

If you read my first post, and the speakers I listed, you will see I was not comparing only JL tw3 series subs. I was comparing the box dimensions that you linked to, but listed my smaller depth boxes that WILL not fit behind my CM seat, with shallower subs than you are looking at... Which I clearly named. If you knew car audio, you would have known that.

You said the one you listed is smaller than the 12, or 13... I listed 12" subs, and a 13" sub... You never listed any links to any other box than what you had posted, so I am assuming you are meaning vs the subs I posted... That is an assumption which I made.

I am not making any other assumptions, or just throwing it out there...
The depth wont fit. Unless your truck is somehow different than my 2017... I also said that depending on the width, you will have a bracket to contend with.

You could have already gone outside and measured the depth bottom, and top and compare that to the specs of the pre-fab unit you are looking at... You could also go measure the width allowance to that bracket, and compare that to what you are looking at...

I gave you all the things you have to go look at...

If you can type a message on here, and manage to share links, you either have a cellphone, or a computer, and have some idea how to find the calculator function.

You can probably deduce where this is headed, as using a calculator and the dimensions listed vs the things I stated you have to watch out for, you could have already found your answer...

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
I’m going to be putting 2 DD audio 710 (10”) Slims behind the seats of my new Pro Crewmax. Box will be ported.

I just put a DD M2C amp, a DD 9515 (15”) supercharged sub in a custom slot vented box, all DD audio mids/highs and a DD 4.60 amp with the JL Audio FiX in my Hellcat. Sounds amazing. DD audio makes amazing stuff.

·
Registered
435 Posts
@HwyChile

I have the Rockford Fosgate R2s-1x12 behind the rear seat in my 2016 CM and it barely fit
I mean it barely fit.... Real tight. Glad there wasnt a grill on it...

With the JL top and bottom thickness of that box - I would be surprised if it fits and you can still bolt the seat back in place.
Maybe you can get the shop to test it, before you buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts