Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have no personal experience with that particular model, but have used Compustar products for years. That looks like a screaming deal; remote start AND install.
Makes me wonder how much stores actually pay their vendors for this stuff . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I saw it this morning and was busy reading about it then it sold out. It was available later in the afternoon so I jumped on it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone had any luck with installing the Compustar 4202 on a 2018 Tundra yet? I purchased one at Best Buy but the installer told me it's not compatible with the 18's yet and are waiting on an update.. I know the factory remote start is an option but not a fan of the limited range and engine shut-off once the door is opened..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just had mine installed @ Best Buy 2 weeks ago in Concord, NH. They told me that it’s the same wiring as a ‘17 Highlander. Works well. Great range and good purchase, although I have a couple of gripes.

1. When you remote start the truck it unlocks! I can’t figure out if there’s a way to change it, because that’s not good when you’re starting it from 500’ away

2. When the truck starts, the parking lights do not come on. My other remote starts had this feature and I miss it.

If anyone knows if these features can be changed, please enlighten. I haven’t had time to bring it back to Best Buy and ask them

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just had mine installed @ Best Buy 2 weeks ago in Concord, NH. They told me that it’s the same wiring as a ‘17 Highlander. Works well. Great range and good purchase, although I have a couple of gripes.

1. When you remote start the truck it unlocks! I can’t figure out if there’s a way to change it, because that’s not good when you’re starting it from 500’ away

2. When the truck starts, the parking lights do not come on. My other remote starts had this feature and I miss it.

If anyone knows if these features can be changed, please enlighten. I haven’t had time to bring it back to Best Buy and ask them

I have it installed on a ‘16 and my doors remain locked and parking lights are on. Could have been the installer. Reach out to Compustar directly for help.

My only grip is that it occasionally starts my truck when my keys are in my pocket. If I have anything else in my pocket and the button is pressed for three seconds it starts the truck. Now I empty my pockets but I can also lock the key fob. Wish it was like the other Compustar key fobs that you had to press for one second then press and hold for three additional seconds.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have it installed on a ‘16 and my doors remain locked and parking lights are on. Could have been the installer. Reach out to Compustar directly for help.

My only grip is that it occasionally starts my truck when my keys are in my pocket. If I have anything else in my pocket and the button is pressed for three seconds it starts the truck. Now I empty my pockets but I can also lock the key fob. Wish it was like the other Compustar key fobs that you had to press for one second then press and hold for three additional seconds.

I agree that the doors should remain locked during the remote start. I'm pretty sure this is why the installer at our local Best Buy won't install it on my 2018 until there is an official release from Compustar.

I'm going to return the 4202 I purchased and re-purchase once the update is released. Worst case I go with the factory remote start..

·
Premium Member
1,701 Posts
It can be flashed to a 2017 Highlander and it will work perfectly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.