Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see there is a OEM locking gas cap for the 07 Tundra sold in Canada but I can't find it in the US. Anyone found one. I don't want to buy a crappy Stant if my check engine light is going to come on from it not fitting properly. The part number for the OEM locking cap in Canada is
C0170-00020.
I don't know why toyota didn't make a locking gas cap door like my 00 Limited Tundra has on there 07 as an option or standard on the limiteds??

·
Registered
3 Posts
This may be a factory add on after production, alot of times manufactuers produce vehicles and before they are shpped to their final destination they are sent and extra goodies are added,aka wheel packages, dual exhaust. Unfortunately the extras are not the same in all areas.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used a Stant listed on the forum ( can't remember the number) and have had no problems with the check engine light. To be honest the one in the post looks an awful lot like the Stant cap.

Mike

·
Registered
157 Posts
AMI has a locking gas door that you can install but I don't think anyone has installed one that I have seen. They have some good reviews and if they match the contour of the truck like they are supposed to, I would probably be interested in one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts