Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Drivers side seat belt 08 RCSB with 145K on it started coming undone.

I am too damn old to go through another windshield.
@Jesco gave me some shitty advice about the warranty.

I called the dealer today and they told me 5 years 60K

I just happend to be doing a project for LKQ today and they pulled the part for me. It looks like the female part is pretty short and then about a 3' wiring harness . I say that because they guy that pulled it walked by as I was working and I said yeah, that's it.

He said , it will be in XXX office. When I got done today, the guy had left and it was locked in his office.

Tomorrow I am driving my car and have to go out of town. I will pick it up on the way back tomorrow.

I am assuming I just have to disconnect the battery to keep all the air bags from blowing.
:Dunno:

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
45 Posts
Here that SteveD, like once the seatbelt goes in one of these trucks no telling will be next. The power rear view mirror, heated seats, blue tooth, or oh my how about the power folding mirrors. It is really just anyone's guess at this point.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

I just happend to be doing a project for LKQ today and they pulled the part for me. It looks like the female part is pretty short and then about a 3' wiring harness . I say that because they guy that pulled it walked by as I was working and I said yeah, that's it.

He said , it will be in XXX office. When I got done today, the guy had left and it was locked in his office.

Tomorrow I am driving my car and have to go out of town. I will pick it up on the way back tomorrow.

I am assuming I just have to disconnect the battery to keep all the air bags from blowing.
:Dunno:
My wife's Acura (around 11 years old when this happened) had the dash light come on; the SRS. Turned out to be a defective seat belt. They replaced it under warranty; being that old I figured it was a government thing?

·
Chief of Grammar Police
2,493 Posts

:dunno:
don't you have a ratchet strap laying around somewhere? :dunno:

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is why I always keep one extra bullet in my pocket. For suicide.
In my truck I have an etool, tomahawk, machete, 4 spare k nives, a mossberg JIC in waterproof case, 1911 and 4 spare mags, 9mm with a spare mag, 1lb of C4, 100' of det cord and two frags.

I think I am covered

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
My wife's Acura (around 11 years old when this happened) had the dash light come on; the SRS. Turned out to be a defective seat belt. They replaced it under warranty; being that old I figured it was a government thing?
Hondas and Acuras are really bad about accumulating gunk in the seat belt latch switch and turning on the SRS lamp. You can pull them apart and clean them real good with electrical contact cleaner and they're as good as new until the next Pepsi spill. Pretty awesome warranty to get them done for free at 11 yrs. :elephant:

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
In my truck I have an etool, tomahawk, machete, 4 spare k nives, a mossberg JIC in waterproof case, 1911 and 4 spare mags, 9mm with a spare mag, 1lb of C4, 100' of det cord and two frags.

I think I am covered
No surface-to-air missiles? I have to say I'm a bit disappointed, sir. >:D

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LKQ hooked me up.

I am finished with the truck for the week. Will get it changed out.

Kind of looks like it may be hard to access but I will figure it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts