Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
How heavy are you? I'm 6'2" 245# with a history of bad back problems (2 level spinal fusion in 2011) I find the seats very comfortable in my 1794 tundra. I think the seat foam is the same in all the bucket seat trims.
I'm 6'/225. I just find the seats too large to adequately support me. Lots of rolling around in the seat, and the seat bottoms seems soft/floppy. I'd prefer a little firmer support.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I think the SR5 cloth seats are firm, but comfortable. I prefer them over my previous GM vehicles.

My only complaint is the actual fabric. I have the coyote tan cloth interior and it shows EVERYTHING. When we jump in the truck after a day on the lake, our damp swimsuits have even left stains on the fabric. They're difficult to get out too.

I will most likely have to upgrade to OEM leather or Katzkin leather once it's in the budget.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Im 5'5 and the seats are to big for me lol. I have broken them in and sit well in em now. I am super picky bout people adjusting my seat when they drive my truck. It can take days to find my perfect setting again. Wish it had driver memory.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have a 2015 SR5 with cloth and found the seats terribly uncomfortable and lacking support anywhere. I got Roadwire leather installed along with some additional support added to the driver's seat and it has made all the difference in the world. Went from the most uncomfortable seat I had ever had in a full size truck to the most comfortable.

My buddy just got a 2015 Denali and was ticked when he sat in my driver's seat and found it more comfortable than his. Of all the mods we do to these trucks throwing $1000 at some aftermarket leather is one you'll appreciate every single day.

·
Registered
248 Posts
My SR5 upgrade cloth bucket seats are great. Wife thinks they are too firm.

I'd like power seat tilt, not just forward/backward and tilt back of seat and lumbar.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the SR5 cloth seats are firm, but comfortable. I prefer them over my previous GM vehicles.

My only complaint is the actual fabric. I have the coyote tan cloth interior and it shows EVERYTHING. When we jump in the truck after a day on the lake, our damp swimsuits have even left stains on the fabric. They're difficult to get out too.

I will most likely have to upgrade to OEM leather or Katzkin leather once it's in the budget.
Totally agreed...have the same and ur right. It's a type of nylon that breathes very well but's very stain prone. I scotch guarded the front and rear bench last summer and it didn't help. Needs liquid repellant!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts