Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '15 CrewMax SR5.

The front seats are soft. Really soft. Like couch soft.

They don't seem to support my fat ass very well, and I find myself adjusting my body in turns to keep myself in position.

Anyone else wish the stock seats provided a little more support?

(minor complaint, I know - but if not this, what else could I complain about?)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,000 Posts
Is your driver's seat powered?

If so there is an adjustable lumbar support.

I like the seats.

Much better than the 60/40 bench seat I had in my 2005 DC..

·
Registered
395 Posts
They're ok for me comfortwise, but I'm disappointed in the quality. They're very flimsy. They move around when I brake at times. If you lift up on it there's nothing there. All my real complaints about this truck are about the low quality components in the cab. Everything sqeaks and rattles. 14 SR5 TRD CM

·
Registered
206 Posts
Damn. I don't have any squeaks or rattles thankfully.

The seats were a little uncomfortable the first months of owning it (14' DC), but I am either used to it now or its just broken in. I really need some leather though.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Seats in my 2015 1794 are on the firm side, my 2011 F350 Ultra Lariet were a bit more plush.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
The seats are my biggest (not that I have many) complaint about the Tundras. I have plans on fixing that at some point. Just a lot of sensers to deal with.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I guess I'm the odd one out. I like the seats in my 2014 Sr5 more than my 2012. I can drive 4-5 hours at a clip without having to stop to walk around. I'm 6'5 300 if that's relevant at all.

·
Premium Member
4,599 Posts
I have a really bad back and can't usually drive for much more than an hour, except in the new truck. This is the only vehicle I can remember being able to drive distance in a long time. So, I think the newer Tundra seats are great

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I feel like Ragedy Ann sitting in her chair when I first bought the truck. Seat is HUGE for me but I've gotten use to it but the first month or so I was sliding around on every turn. I'm 5'5" so that don't help. I do like the firmness though because it will last longer than the cushy seat. Thank goodness nothing rattles in my truck.

·
Registered
582 Posts
No rattles...firm seats...good support...no issues...

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Yep the Limited seats are the type I like. Firm and supportive for long trips. I do wish it had full 8-10 way power on the passenger side!

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is a huge difference in the old (pre-14) and new (14+) seats. Wife has a 10 Sequoia Platinum (same seats as they use in Tundra) and I find the seat tighter, higher (even on lowest height setting) and more uncomfortable than my 14 Tundra Limited. I get sore after an hour or so driving her Sequoia and can never get comfortable, but I can do 4-5 hours no problem in my Tundra.

I think the new style seat is better overall. With that said, there is a huge difference in the leather vs. fabric seats in the Tundra. I test drove an SR5 with the cloth seats and they did feel soft and flimsy. Perhaps the leather keeps everything together and tighter? Or maybe they use different suppliers. Manufacturers use suppliers for items like seats (Lear, Johnson Controls, etc.) that get delivered to the factory and installed. Maybe they use a different supplier for leather vs. non-leather?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
my seats are amazing compared to my 2500hd chev. never had a more comfortable ride in my life. i do have some complaints about the truck but seats are not one of them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
my 15 are firm but not hard and way better then the 14 Dodge Laramie or my 09 Ridgeline. My seats are cloth and nice but those pics of the leather make me want to add leather!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
My 2014 SR5 seats are comfortable, but they're firm. My tacoma had wet okoles and they had a bit of padding in them that made them even more comfortable. These seats are huge though haha.

·
Registered
35 Posts
2014 DC sr5 seats are ehhh. wish seats could be lowered. Left arm sit too high while window is rolled down. basically elbow resting on window sill like a big rig...move out my way. 6'/200#, agreed seats are huge

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
My seat is powered. I just don't find support for my thighs. Back support is acceptable, but still wide.

The bottom cushion is too much like a couch cushion for my tastes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

How heavy are you? I'm 6'2" 245# with a history of bad back problems (2 level spinal fusion in 2011) I find the seats very comfortable in my 1794 tundra. I think the seat foam is the same in all the bucket seat trims.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts