Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anybody has the fro.t sensors with a brush guard or a bull bar? If so please let me know if they are giving you any problems. Thanx in advance! !

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Kind of sounds like a crock of shit? See if there's a way to just unplug the sensors? With a brush guard you shouldn't need them. If you hit something, it's not gonna do any damage haha.

-rockstate

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
If I had to guess I would say that both will cause issues with the proximity sensors. You could probably easily mock something up to simulate having something in that general area and see if the sensor are going bananas though. You could also drill some holes in the bull bar/brush guard for the sensor and just extend the wiring.

I don't necessarily agree that they would no longer be useful with a brush guard though since they could still warn you when you might hit something that is lower than the brush guard coverage...plus, I would not really want to test most of the brush guards strength against solid steel poles.

·
Banned
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the problem my in-laws are having cause they have a brush guard with sensors and they are goin crazy all the time but the dealer said something called a step up can be installed to make it work but I'm thinking that's be. What do u think?

·
Premium Member
10,869 Posts
That is the problem my in-laws are having cause they have a brush guard with sensors and they are goin crazy all the time but the dealer said something called a step up can be installed to make it work but I'm thinking that's be. What do u think?

No idea since I have never heard of it but seems like it would be easy to drill some holes and relocate them to the brush guard.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
My buddy tested his against a concrete base at Target going 20 mph in his Ford with a Ranch Hand brush guard. He said his back end popped up about a foot and a half. Anyway, the damage was a bent bottom bar that kissed the bumper. I have a picture of it somewhere (before I met him). Assuming he's not lying about the speed, that's not too shabby.

He's the body guy that actually ended up painting my truck. Subsequently, he painted the brush guard and did the work to fix it. Note, he works at a body shop... there was no frame damage (I asked him first and foremost).

-rockstate

1 - 7 of 7 Posts