Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. Just wondering if anyone is doing this and how does your truck run compared to the BD flash? Have a friend at Toyota that's willing to flash my ecu. From my understanding the TRD reflash is safer than the bd tune which is mostly my concern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
2 different animals.
your 13' has the trd tune available so use it.you can always get the bd tunes as an add on later.
the only disadvantage is the trd tune is a one way ticket for the ecu.meaning once done you won't be able to put the stock tune back on if you remove the s/c

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
2 different animals.
your 13' has the trd tune available so use it.you can always get the bd tunes as an add on later.
the only disadvantage is the trd tune is a one way ticket for the ecu.meaning once done you won't be able to put the stock tune back on if you remove the s/c

Cool thanks. Not worried too about going back to stock just wondering if there's anything I would need to worry about. I've heard the magnuson intake box is different so curious if that would make it run lean or rich. Also wondering if I would have any problems passing smog switching over to the TRD tune. Are you using the TRD tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.