Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
In my opinion if you want black bumpers on a white tundra then you need black headlights and tails. Everything must be black including badges, grille/surround, wheels, and running boards. It will take me awhile but I will post pictures as I do the same to mine.
I am planning on linex on the running boards, powder coat the bumpers, dip on the badges and grille surround, fuel maverick wheels on nitto tails 20's

·
Registered
697 Posts
Looking to do my chrome bumper in white and need some info. Did any of you use a clear coat or just the white iced the front chrome bumper ?

Also if I do the front I'll have to spray the rear as well anyone have pictures of this ?

Thanks guys

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1391632390.601955.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1391632429.827236.jpg here is some really dirty pictures but you can get the picture . I used white dip about 3 cAns for the front and back. Used one can of glossifier and here it is 8 months later. Works well it's prolly time for the first touch up but I really like it!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,201 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
Administrator
39,325 Posts

·
Banned
1,133 Posts
Yea very easy to clean just use tire cleaner or grease lightning and it is back to bright white wax and buffer also works just be careful not to cut the dip off

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
64 Posts
I blacked mine out the day after I got my truck, I can't stand chrome... then I decided I wanted them white like the Trd Pro, keep in mind, this is only temporary until I can get the factory bumper end caps painted. So far I put the Trd grille and lights on, just need the end caps and the mirror covers...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Screw plasti dip use autodip high gloss matches good it's vinyl based little more expensive but looks way better check my build out I did black it looks like oem paint

·
Registered
8 Posts
I blacked mine out the day after I got my truck, I can't stand chrome... then I decided I wanted them white like the Trd Pro, keep in mind, this is only temporary until I can get the factory bumper end caps painted. So far I put the Trd grille and lights on, just need the end caps and the mirror covers...
That white is bitchin!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have used regular gloss paint over plasti dip on wheels. Worked fine and still kept the peel-able properties. Basically used plasti dip as a primer layer :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Doesn't matter the color of your truck, if you despise chrome the way I do, go to Walmart buy a can of plasti-dip for $6, tape up and paper around your bumper well. Apply 3 coats, 30 minutes between. 4th coat, 10 minutes, yank paper and tape off quickly-attached pictures I painted my end bumpers caps before and after, looks as good as a shops. If I can do it anyone can

RW

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts
Here's part of my grill im painting i was going to plastic dip but since i have two chrome grills i decided to try it.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Here's part of my grill im painting i was going to plastic dip but since i have two chrome grills i decided to try it.
What paint did you use? Also, what kind of prep work did you do before spraying it on, thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was this PlastiDip in this picture? Curious. Looks really glossy. Thanks in advance!

Kyle

·
Registered
345 Posts
It was not plastidip , automotive paint color code match. Sanded ,primed,paint, and a couple coats of clear and color sand & buff. I think i put to many coats of clear cuz its off a little

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was not plastidip , automotive paint color code match. Sanded ,primed,paint, and a couple coats of clear and color sand & buff. I think i put to many coats of clear cuz its off a little
Damn. I saw that and got so excited that it looked so good. LOL. PLanning to pull mine apart later this week to paint everything at my buddies shop. Sick of the chrome.

Kyle

61 - 80 of 82 Posts