Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I just traded my 08 crewmax and bought a 2010 crewmax limited and i love it. i had wanted to buy the platinum edition so i could have the a/c seats but i got such a good deal i couldnt pass it up. i was wondering if there was a way to convert our seats to put the a/c into them. I know how the cooled seats work with the solid state cooling system under them, and i know that the cooled seats has the perforated leather in the center as well. Also i know the seats themselves are like $4k. so thats a little much hehe. i was wondering do you guys think its possible to modify our seats to make them the patinum seats. I know you can order the seat sections to put the perforated sections in the middle, but was else is envolved in it besides buying the solid state unit at the bottom of the seat? thanks for any help guys.
Jon

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
wow good luck w/ your research, hope someone is able to hook you up w/ info.. i dont blame you for not spending 4k per seat...lol

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts
my ars is always sweating in the summer months. I would love this option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
the seats are not cooled they have a fan mounted in there and you select the fan speed 1 - 3 just blows air through the perforations in the leather.My ass still gets hot with them on high.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
I have these seats and I'm not that impressed. I recommend you go check them out in another truck before you get too serious about buying these seats.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ziggyzag420 yes the seats do have a fan that blows air through them, but that is a part of the solid state cooling system, it makes the cold air through thermoelectric cooling and then uses the fan to blow the cold air through the seat. i was just thinking that maybe some of the seat is the same, maybe it could be made into a cooled seat.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had a lincon mkx it had cooled seats they actually got cold these seats don't get cold that's why toyota calls them ventilated seats just a fan blowing air.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have serviced a few platinum edition sequioa's with the cooled seats and i can assure you they use solid state cooling, because i have seen the units, and if you put your hand on the seat when the air comes out it is cold, if yours doesnt get cold maybe something is wrong with it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
we had a platinum sequoia demo for a couple of days and a cadillac escalade esv demo for a weekend...before my wife chose the yukon xl denali...the sequoia's ventilated seats seemed to perform better than the escalade's, and were much cooler after having them on for a few minutes...i would love to have them in my tundra (and in my wife's yukon)!

·
Premium Member
6,820 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
So if they use a thermoelectric cooler then where does the hot side go to? Or is there just a large heatsink under the seat?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats a good question, there is a large metal "object" lack of better words under the seats that are not there in the limited so maybe that is the heat sink?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts