Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at picking up a used one to pull my 5500# boat. Wanted to double check and make sure if there are any major issues I should be aware of to look out for?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had the front end go on my truck. It didnt always dis-engage from 4x4. Lucky I did engage it when I did and found the issue as I just squeaked in under the warranty period. Otherwise no issues that I am aware of. I will be interested to see who says what though.

April 27, 2013 - 69,715 Mi

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Love my 08 TRD, 5.7 Supercharged, DC 4x4.. 56 K and it run's fantastic

Reactions: Blakcice1106

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Nothing much different about the '07-'08 from the '09-'10 model years. The same stuff applies to all of them.
The '11-'13 have a bit less standard equipment.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Just hit 120K in my '07 and the only real major issue was replacing the water pump, standard maintenance other than that.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
My 08 almost 130k, water pump and standard maintanence...oh and 3 sets of tires.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
For a first year body style alot of the normal bugs simply don't exist on the Tundras. Toyota had their shit lined up when they launched this truck. Buy one and be happy!

·
Registered
341 Posts
07 5.7 190k miles, starter, alternator & ball joints. Regular maintenance also

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Now that's a good review - none of this "No problems in 36,000 miles" stuff! Get on up there to some REAL miles like old doubled did, then let us know how a truck does!

·
Registered
42 Posts
60K Miles on mine up here in the "Frozen Tundra" aka Saskatchewan, Canada. Pretty much use the 4x4 daily all winter long due to snow and icy conditions. General maintenance is the key. No major issues at all...weirdest thing on the 5.7's is changing the oil. I'll let someone else chime in on that one though :D

Seriously though they are great trucks...I like the style and feel of the truck on the road...it tows really well and there a ton of ways to modify the truck to fit your driving style/habits.

Good luck with your purchase!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
You are correct on the 4x4 trucks having a recall... I had mine done at 4000 miles no biggy.. The pumps went out super early though... I think mainly cuz my truck was sitting 200 days before I bought it... That was under warranty too... I hope nothing else because I don't plan on putting that many miles on it... I need to go off roading more lol... Buy one and have fun...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts