Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm a Tundra owner for all of 3 days now. I've been looking at them for a while and needed a truck. So when the Rubicon sold, I'm giving the Tundra a try. I purchased a used truck, was looking for something very specific and found it. It's a 1794 4x4 and the TRD Pro suspension has been added to it among other things. I love it so far, but have some questions about trying to get it up a little more. A 3"-4" lift over stock would be excellent.

I'd like to get the truck up a couple more inches without compromising the suspension or having to remove any of the TRD shocks. Is there any way to do this? All of my research is telling me no and the go-to companies for the standard suspension says that you cannot lift the truck and keep the shocks.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
You can put a strut spacer up front and some +3/+4 coacbbuilder shackles in the rear. But I wouldn't recommend it as the TRD Pro suspension was designed to be the way it is.

For the best performance you might want to consider pulling the TRDP suspension and going with a King, Icon or Fox that is adjustable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you are wanting 3-4" over the original stock (TRD Pro already added 2" up front), then you can run 2 coachbuilder shims per side up front and +2 or +3 shackles out back. That'll give you 3" upfront and 1.25-1.75" ish out back from "stock". I have Fox 2.5RR up front with 2 CB shims per side and CB+3 shackles in the rear. I tuned the coilovers DOWN some and in the end have about 3.5" up front and 1.75" per rear. Ride is smoooooth. Just for viewer enjoyment here's two pics of it with 295/70r18 cooper stt pros on.

Attachments

·
Registered
452 Posts
Reactions: LukeSteppy

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've also been looking at 4" lifts for my 2010 trd rock warrior, and was very surprised to see rough country kit for $500 excludes my truck model and the trd pro because of 'different front strut housings', which makes no sense to me

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've also been looking at 4" lifts for my 2010 trd rock warrior, and was very surprised to see rough country kit for $500 excludes my truck model and the trd pro because of 'different front strut housings', which makes no sense to me
I was told the reservoir hits something which is why it can't change anything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is how my truck currently sits. Tires are 275/65R20, which I think are equal to a 34"? So maybe I won't gain much by going up just a tad more and to 35s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sick truck dude! I would run it like that until you wear out those tires, then consider going higher
Thanks, appreciate the comment. I love it so far. Having the extra power under the hood is my favorite part by far. These trucks seem to be built very well, there are not any rattles in the cab or outside, doors are solid. This truck feels like a Lexus inside and seems put together very well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.