Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Did you buy your truck new or used? Do you have, or can you get, any maintenance history from previous owner? What engine does your truck have? How many miles on replacement water pump?

Research water pumps in TT archives. I have seen threads indicating poor life, <50K miles, in UR engine water pumps. Might be about right for 127K miles depending on mileage when previously changed.
Normally, I would bite the bullet, and pay through the "nose" for Toyota parts; on the other hand, some parts at your local parts stores may now be made by the same manufacturers that supply Toyota. Put your money down and spin the wheel.

Edit: Opps, sorry. Just saw your signature...2008 5.7L

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
...some parts at your local parts stores may now be made by the same manufacturers that supply Toyota. Put your money down and spin the wheel...
Use factory parts. Rock auto has the Aisin factory pump for $63 that's the one I used when mine went out at 140k truck has 207k and is still good.
This is an excellent example of what I meant...Aisin has been a long-time supplier to Toyota, and may have been the supplier of the original water pump.

A good Toyota dealer internet price for that pump is $110.50 + another $20-$30 shipping/handling costs. The local dealer list price is $167.09. RockAuto wants $63 + shipping; that's less than half the price, for same Toyota quality. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.