Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined because I had success (if you can call it that) at the dealer today using the information on the forums regarding the engine stumbling in cooler weather with the FFV engine due to the alcohol sensor issue. This was my second time into the dealer for the problem, the first time they only checked the battery, which was fine and sent me away telling me I should come back if it continues. Well it did continue, more than once and repeatable until the engine was warm.

Told the ASM that was assisting us that I wanted them to check the alcohol percentage and fuel trim values and BEHOLD the was an issue! SO they reset the learning function...now I am waiting for the problem to return so I can start a claim with Toyota. I have little faith what they did will solve the issue long term now that it has started with my truck.

It's too bad Toyota doesn't take the steps to resolve the issue especially after the fly-by-wire gas pedal issue. They haven't even fully recovered from that yet. I'm pretty disappointed that their LEGENDARY RELIABILITY is trumped by my lifted twin stick ford explorer I beat the snot out of. Even more so since I bought the Tundra to be more reliable than that truck and to tow that truck.

Off to do my lemon law research.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good luck man! Welcome from the Sound! Check out the PNW Club Forum!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts