Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Another LED SWAP: BYE AMBER

Hope you guys like it !!! It's my first time and I was real undecisive. I did white and and it was TOO BRIGHT and went back to blue and kept the radio white cause just blue alone look to plain. Planning to do the steering control soon and a DIY will nice. Also, I have been doing a lot of other mods as well beside lighting such as working on my audio system.. Kinda multi-tasking at the same time.. lol

Update: Finally did the steering wheel.. Love IT !!!!

UPDATES: DIY ON ENTUNE NAVIGATIONS UNIT LED SWAP

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...e-navigation-radio-leds-swap.html#post1084538

Hope this well help you guys out who want to get an idea on how radio DIY LEDs swap works. Again thanks for all TT.net info, DEFINTELY help me out a lot. ENJOY !!!.

· Registered
621 Posts
How did you do this? Aren't this like little microchip looking lights

· Banned
465 Posts
Another LED SWAP: BYE AMBER

Hope you guys like it !!! It's my first time and I was real undecisive. I did white and and it was TOO BRIGHT and went back to blue and kept the radio white cause just blue alone look to plain. Planning to do the steering control soon and a DIY will nice. Also, I have been doing a lot of other mods as well beside lighting such as working on my audio system.. Kinda multi-tasking at the same time.. lol

How did you do the glove box/ storage area?

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How did you do the glove box/ storage area?
On the bottom of the glove box. There's a very tiny light which you can barely see on the top right corner. Originally, I just want to take it off and solder a white led to it. But once I took it off, I decided to cut the tiny light unit out by removing the glove box and run new wires in parallel with the existing wire to upper and lower glove box. Also, I ran another set of wires and left it below the box where I can run another set to the cupholder & cig lighter trim panel once I get a chance.

· Registered
573 Posts
well done!

i like the footwell and storage box lights. Ima have to tackle that.

but first i have to replace all the amber on the steering wheel. I ran out of time last weekend. hopefully i can do it this weekend.

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
well done!

i like the footwell and storage box lights. Ima have to tackle that.

but first i have to replace all the amber on the steering wheel. I ran out of time last weekend. hopefully i can do it this weekend.
I'm sure it's pretty easy, did you find a DIY on removing the steering wheel unit and what size of leds? The glove box and footwell will be a piece a cake for you if you're able to do LEDs swap out. Post your Steering DIY once done

Nevermind I did it !!!

Update: Finally did the steering wheel.. Love IT !!!!

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Way freakin cool! Now come over the Mag. Grey side and show the rest of your Grey Brethren!

(damn, wish I had this talent!)

Rob

· Registered
731 Posts
I cant solder to save my life, this mod will forever be out of my reach. :(

Reactions: Ed.A and RJP12TT

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts

· Registered
573 Posts
Sorry i missed this! thats Bad ass!!

What DIY did to use for the steering wheel?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
How much time and money does a job like this run? I mean, I'm assuming you had to take the entire dash out?

I want all red!

Rob

· Registered
664 Posts
How much time and money does a job like this run? I mean, I'm assuming you had to take the entire dash out?

I want all red!

Rob
Have to remove and dissemble the cluster gauge down to the circuit board to get to the LEDs. I have done it on other cars but not my Tundra (yet).

As long as you are handy with a soldering iron, and have a somewhat steady hand with some tweezers to hold the LEDs - you should be good.

Practice soldering on something around the house first.. don't want to mess something up and end up needing to replace your cluster gauge.

Money is just how ever many LEDs you want to buy (few extra never hurts)
Time depends on you. I have swapped LEDs on other cars from start to finish in 2 or 3 hours. First time I did it, took much longer than that just getting past the learning curve of how to take it appart, and getting the best soldering technique down.

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Oh yea, I suppose since you put it that way I should be able to knock this in say NEVER!!!

hahahahahahahahahaha

I will just live with the plane jane amber.

Ha, this is how dumb I am, I just found out my interior lights were not all the way up! HAHAHAHAHA. I was looking for the headlight leveling adjustment knob one night coming home and was AHHHHHHH. You would have thought I was the first cave man to discover fire.

So, yea, I will leave the mods like this to guys like you. My truck is safer for it.
Rob

· Registered
573 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I want all red!

Rob
Sorry i missed this! thats Bad ass!!

What DIY did to use for the steering wheel?

Can't find no DIY on steering wheel.. Just decided to do it... T30 Torx and a screwdriver.. Thought about doing a DIY on it but forgot to take pictures.. Did took pictures on DIY Entune Navi Radio LED SWAP.. Soon will be posted in DIY section... Wish I did the DIY Steering wheel control.

Reactions: YoungGuns

· Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the all good comments... I end up swapping the units out to one of the TT members on here and spent 4-5 hours redo-ing my whole unit. It takes a lot of time and especially patient for those super tiny LEDs, but it's DEFINITELY WORTH IT once it's DONE. For those who are scare, please reconsider doing it cause it's not as bad as it looks. Most people take 5-6 hours from start to finish. Just go at your own pace and do some every other day. I did like 2-3 switch every other day and slowly work onto the a/c climate and then to the gauge. By the time you get the the gage, you're already a pro at it since you dealt with all the extra tiny leds on the switches already

Let me know if you guys need any help.... I'll be posting a DIY up soon when I get a chance on DIY RADIO ENTUNE NAVI LEDs Swap on DIY catergory. Wanted to do a DIY on steering wheels switches, but totally forgot during remove and install.

HERE YOU GO !!!!

http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tu...e-navigation-radio-leds-swap.html#post1084538

· Registered
1,744 Posts
What did you do with all of the white leds you didn't like? Would you like to recoup some of the money you spent on them or do you have a link to where you bought them? I've been itching to do this for umm 4 years just never persued it much or at all... lol

Reactions: we7hills
1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.