Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t find this anywhere. Seems like everyone is running 20” wheels or smaller tires with the 5100’s. I currently have a leveling spacer on my 13 2wd dc. I think it’s 2.75 or 2.5”s. Tires are 275/70r18’s. I have a brand new set of st maxxx 295/70r18’s sitting in my shop. I have decided to replace my shocks. 80k miles on the truck and figure I would go with the 5100’s and get rid of the spacer. The wheels are aftermarket with a +15 18x8.5. Will I have any issues with fitting these tires?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Should be just fine on top setting. If you want to be safe order a pair of coach shims for an extra half inch. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I have a brand new set of st maxxx 295/70r18’s sitting in my shop. I have decided to replace my shocks. 80k miles on the truck and figure I would go with the 5100’s and get rid of the spacer. The wheels are aftermarket with a +15 18x8.5.
If you don't want rub, you'll need to trim. Might even need a BMC depending on how your alignment is done. If you had +35 to +60 offset you'd need minimal trimming and there'd be no chance of needing a BMC.

Unfortunately the lift doesn't help with rubbing, and going >2" causes other issues, like crappy caster and needing UCAs. If you put shims on top, you definitely need to extend your bumpstops.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I think you'll have to trim, but I'm no expert. I'm running 5100s on top setting , CB shim per side, +1 offset with 305/65r18 (33.6 inches) tires and had to remove the front mud flaps and trim the front fender liner a bit. Nothing major or complicated

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can’t find this anywhere. Seems like everyone is running 20” wheels or smaller tires with the 5100’s. I currently have a leveling spacer on my 13 2wd dc. I think it’s 2.75 or 2.5”s. Tires are 275/70r18’s. I have a brand new set of st maxxx 295/70r18’s sitting in my shop. I have decided to replace my shocks. 80k miles on the truck and figure I would go with the 5100’s and get rid of the spacer. The wheels are aftermarket with a +15 18x8.5. Will I have any issues with fitting these tires?

I just had Bilstein 5100s installed on all 4 corners and 1 shim each on the front. And I think I’ll have to do the bmc. Also had to trim front fender and removed front mud flaps.

20” wheel, 275/65/20 tire size.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts