Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the lawn when I let the dog out this morning. Seen nothing like it in the year and a half we have lived here. Two stray cats hang out in the area and get fed by the neighbors, but they have always seemed fat and happy and content to lounge around and not be bothered doing stuff like this.

Attachments

·
He Has Risen!
6,318 Posts
It's pretty obvious that it wasn't the cats.
Looks like a classic case of alien rabbit mutilation.
Have you contacted MUFON to conduct an investigation?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
And... its Friday the 13th!

I'd say put the mother-in-law out in the yard and see what happens!
And its a full moon last night.... the cards are stacked!!!

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We are thinking there is a Fox or something running around. That was some spooky stuff. Just haunches and lower body. Upper body gone. Tiny little mangled head with one little eyeball hanging loose about a foot away.

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
This has happened again, same spot, same circumstances. Baby rabbit with just haunches and hind legs, upper body gone, head close to the body. Isn't that cat behavior? We used to have an outdoor one when I was a kid that would kill birds and small rodents and leave them in the same spot every time right by the doorstep. Although it never went after anything quite this big.

·
10,631 Posts
Could be somebody is sending you a message. Rabbits are the symbol of fertility. Maybe somebody doesn't want more kids in the neighborhood.

But seriously, it is typical cat behavior. My uncle's cat would bring rabbits home and do the same thing. One time he brought all the babies and mama's head home. Biggest thing, and meanest, he ever brought home was a ground hog.

Lurn to read

·
He Has Risen!
6,318 Posts
I have a coworker that lives in the burbs. lives on a dead end street and all the homes back up to woods and undeveloped commercially owned property.
anyway, they have coyotes, fox, skunk, rabbit, deer, basically all the animals naïve to the state, except black bear.
he has one house cat that regularly gets outside. It regularly kills birds, rodents and it's favorite: rabbit.
Some as big as itself.

·
10,631 Posts
I have a coworker that lives in the burbs. lives on a dead end street and all the homes back up to woods and undeveloped commercially owned property.
anyway, they have coyotes, fox, skunk, rabbit, deer, basically all the animals naïve to the state, except black bear.
he has one house cat that regularly gets outside. It regularly kills birds, rodents and it's favorite: rabbit.
Some as big as itself.
I have all those animals by my house too. Every time I go for a walk I see rabbits. My neighbor's cat leaves mice and birds outside my door on a regular basis. I wish she would stop.

Lurn to read

·
Registered
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
If this is the strays my neighbor keeps feeding this would mean that, contrary to what I previously thought, easy meals have not killed their drive to pursue other stuff and they are actually useful for rodent deterrence. In which case I suppose I'll just have to tolerate it and hope they eventually get bored with this particular ritual.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts