Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wasn't sure where to post this one.

I have Amp running boards on my 2017 tundra and have had no issues with them for the last 2 years. They are connected via OBD II port. Yesterday when I went to drive my truck all the sensors on my truck showed faulty: ABS, Brake, Blind Spot, etc. . I took it to the dealer and they traced this back to the AMP boards. They are saying that all the sensors had to be recalibrated. When they drove the truck around with out the OBD port plugged in there was no issues, when they plugged it back in the sensors were again faulty. The Toyota dealership is saying it could be a issue with the board controller but they were not sure. In any case I am looking for some feedback on what the issue may be and how I might fix it. The dealerships suggestion was to bypass the OBD port and have them tap the wiring harness.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 S/C
55 Posts
Check for breaks in the wires. something could be grounded. i ran into this issue with my truck and it was pretty new at the time (2015). Dealer installed the AMPs before i bought it so they worked on it for free. they said one of the wires was rubbed raw as it went into the cab.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I went with the wire in option, not the OBD. Longer install. Hardest part was finding the correct wires to tap into.. Been installed 4 years. I like them but would I install them again ? Keeping the idler pivots free and lubed with silicone is key.. One broken wire in harness, control module replaced (warranty), now drivers side motor sounds like gearing is stripped and not working..Waiting on warranty request and been 2 weeks... I'll have to call them again..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts