Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've had this Cover for almost 4 months now and I'm so glad I spent the extra $ to get this cover. I wanted to post a quick review and some pictures because I think its well worth the $2700 I paid for it.

Install:

When it arrived from FedEx Freight, everything was packaged extremely well strapped down to a pallet jack. It took a little bit to get everything opened up and laid out per the instructions. The instructions were very to the point and easy to follow. I can tell you that it is a 2 person job only when you lift the tool box into place. Everything was super easy to assemble except the damn spacers were a SOB to properly align the rails. Everything else was a breeze. Total install was about 2 hours, give or take a couple of beers.

Durability:

Unmatched, this cover is a tank. I can stand and jump on this thing with no issue. Everything slides perfectly and the power coat is amazing in the sun.

I'm not really good at writing reviews so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. There hasn't been one day were someone hasn't stopped me and asked were I got the cover from, its a show stopper.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks awesome. I contacted them today with questions about the work cover jr. I got a few questions for you:

How has the cover and the box held up since you got it?

Could you take a measurement between the cab and the tool box?

And does it seem like there would be enough room between the bed rails and the box to get like 3/16" plate between it? I'm looking at fabricating a headache rack but I don't want to commit to $2500 if it doesn't seem possible.

Thanks. Your truck is honestly what pushed me to contact them today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry for the late reply Andy.

The truck cover has held up amazing, it still looks like the day 1 pictures. I have had 0 issues with it and being in sub 0 degree weather in the Midwest with all the crappy environment here, it has been flawless! The tool box is still one of my favorite things about this as its sits low so I barely notice it when backing up.

The only down side to it is that I get stopped at least twice a week from guys wanting to see it and have a conversation about it, but I think I like that as it is an attention getter.

Here is the measurement from the Cab to the Toolbox: 2 3/4"

I contacted the Company as I'm getting ready to fabricating a Tire Rack to work inside the bed and be able to clear underneath the cover. Its going to be adjustable to where it slides on a track system to get the tire over my tailgate so I don't loose anymore bed space when hauling junk. If I'm not hauling anything, it will slide back into the bed of the truck, lock into place and close the tailgate and still be able to use the cover. It will also be able to swing out to load crap in the truck also, which is pretty cool not loosing my tailgate. I CAD'd everything up to fit a 35" and 37" tire. They seemed pretty interested in the design and you never know they might use it. I'm going to create build thread here and gauge any interest on it. Its going to be pretty sweet!

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I have the same cover but without the tool box. It great, however, it does not do well in rainy areas, as dirt and water gets into the locking blades impeding them from fully protruding out. It does look good and keeps everything dry. I have a bedrug back there. It just sucks because today since the blades did not fully extend the cover opened on its on. Not good! I need to clean the blades tomorrow.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have the same cover but without the tool box. It great, however, it does not do well in rainy areas, as dirt and water gets into the locking blades impeding them from fully protruding out. It does look good and keeps everything dry. I have a bedrug back there. It just sucks because today since the blades did not fully extend the cover opened on its on. Not good! I need to clean the blades tomorrow.
I am getting ready to purchase the roll cover and live in a rainy climate. Are you saying that the water and debris get between each of the blades and prevent it from closing all the way? Does a regular washdown mitigate this problem? It would be good to know before dropping that much coin on a cover.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I am getting ready to purchase the roll cover and live in a rainy climate. Are you saying that the water and debris get between each of the blades and prevent it from closing all the way? Does a regular washdown mitigate this problem? It would be good to know before dropping that much coin on a cover.
I think it is the best in the market. I have finally been able to get it to stay closed, but rain and dirt will be an issue. I have cleaned the blades and kept them clean and no problem. Also, the shims they supply is so important. It took me 5 or 6 tries to get just right so the gaps were just right. Vibration will move these shims so you have stay on top it. It does keep everything dry and has not opened up on its own for couple of months. WTH, it is not factory so it is what it is! I can tell you that your stuff is more safe under the cover than in the cab.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Your truck looks amazing man. How is the tool box attach to the truck?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think it is the best in the market. I have finally been able to get it to stay closed, but rain and dirt will be an issue. I have cleaned the blades and kept them clean and no problem. Also, the shims they supply is so important. It took me 5 or 6 tries to get just right so the gaps were just right. Vibration will move these shims so you have stay on top it. It does keep everything dry and has not opened up on its own for couple of months. WTH, it is not factory so it is what it is! I can tell you that your stuff is more safe under the cover than in the cab.
Thanks for the feedback. So are you having to adjust it every couple of months to keep it aligned?

I have been drooling over this cover since I the first time I saw this product review. I was all set to pull the trigger this weekend but had second thoughts when I read your initial response. No question this is the route i would go now. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. So are you having to adjust it every couple of months to keep it aligned?

I have been drooling over this cover since I the first time I saw this product review. I was all set to pull the trigger this weekend but had second thoughts when I read your initial response. No question this is the route i would go now. Thanks again.
Yes, a little adjustment here and there! Really no biggie at this time, because it does stay locked and shut! I also used the back cover to mount my sand ladders!>:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
What shims did you settle on? I have the basic American Roll Cover, which has functioned just fine, but the driver's side rail keeps rubbing the bed cap on my tailgate. I've been messing around with it for about 6 months and finally called the company to try to figure it out...so far they haven't been able to help and as it turns out, I've already tried everything they've suggested. Only thing I haven't tried (or seen) is shimming the edge like you did merick.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey do you still like the cover.

I was thinking of going with the retrax. Just because it looks like that strap would get in the way if using as a work truck.
And the retrax can be opened with one hand and don't have to mess with another key unless you want to.

If in and out a few times a day is it a pain

thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts