Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

American Racing "Vice" Teflon Coated wheels

23K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  codyh12345 
#1 ·
I highly recommend these wheels. They are very durable, easy to clean and hard to get dirty!

You really have to neglect these wheels in order for the brake dust to accumulate.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
No. Some f**** guy in my area copied my truck to a f***** t now. from the lift to the f**** wheels and steps bars. I loved my basic look and some dick match it. I know I got the idea from you JC but at least we are states away. I was so bummed when I say this truck this past week and the guy had to make his way up to me at the light. If you are a forum member here. You SUCK!

Next thing you know is he will get the same emblem made from Jon.

#4 ·
No. Some f**** guy in my area copied my truck to a f***** t now. from the lift to the f**** wheels and steps bars. I loved my basic look and some dick match it. I know I got the idea from you JC but at least we are states away. I was so bummed when I say this truck this past week and the guy had to make his way up to me at the light. If you are a forum member here. You SUCK!

Nex thing you know is he will get the same emblem made from Jon.
LOL, How do ya really feel Rob?

#7 ·
Hell no, the only way I will get rid of it is if Toyota finally sprays better paint/clear coat on the new ones in exchange for my shitty one.

#10 ·
They look great! They really seem to fit the Yota. Oh and Ill trade you your wheels for your bumpers

#16 ·
Lol..

Silver truck, black wheels... Rob, you really think there aren't a million people working towards that color combo?

I'm putting black Hoss's on my silver crewmax, does that piss you off? Lol

I am thinking about getting a set of chrome wheels too, just to mix it up once in awhile! :D

now I gotta go find a future mod thread, to make sure my ideas don't conflict with with other crewmax owners.. Buahaha

#18 ·
Oh man.. I got all kinds of come backs to that one.. But I'll just throw out a couple for fun. It's the Internet and all, so jokes can be twisted rather easily..

Apparently, not a very good one if he's rollin a Tundra instead of a rover or s class, but it's all good, I got a hell of a gun collection.

Haha, Rob, I meant no disrespect... But silver/black... I'm just sayin...

#20 ·
I ordered these wheels before I had done any research on backspacing. I love the look and was excited about the black teflon on my black LTD. The rims arrived and I noticed the 20mm backspacing referenced on the box. I had read the stock rims were 60mm so I asked the dealer to hold on mounting the new tires...I was concerned about tires sticking out beyond the fenders. They took measurements of the stock wheels and fender, mounted just the new rim and verified my fears...about 1.5" of tire would be beyond the fender. I drive through alot of mud puddles and with a black truck the dirt on the side would not be a good thing. They were nice enough to return the rims at no charge. I put the new tires on the stock rims.

Why is no wheel manufacturer making a wheel with a 60mm offset?

#21 ·
I noticed the 20mm backspacing referenced on the box.
Are you sure they were +20 and not +30? I just looked them up and they're being advertised as +30. I know it wouldn't make a difference for you but I was looking at these wheels but want to stick with a +30 offset.

ViceTeflon
Size: 18 x 8.5
Bolt Circle: 5x150mm
Offset: +30
Backside Setting: 6.00
Vice Coated with Teflon
Price: $180.00
(from rimz one online)

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
#23 ·
My error...30mm offset sounds right. All I know is that I would have needed flares and I didn't like the idea of having those installed.

The Tundra has been out for four model years now and still no aftermarket rims. I guess business is so good in aftermarket wheels that they don't need the additional sales.

#28 ·
I remember when you had this Tundra JC, beautiful one for sure man! Wait, did you used to have the name srt8tundra? I remember that from before I joined this site a long time ago.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.