Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts
Here’s how I see it: A Magnuson SC will run around $6-7k when all is said and done. I’ve seen guys pay more when you have a shop do the install. The HP gain on that is around 100hp. This AR system, on average, yields 63-70hp and the cost for me, installed, is around $4400. Not only that but it’s going to have very little inside noise/drone if I leave it as is (no axle dump) unless I hammer down.

I’m not trying to sell the concept to anyone lol I’ll be happy with it and as long as the note has my name on it that’s all that matters ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You def missed my point...

I’m talking cost to HP gain. Anyway, you do you bro lol

you missed MY point. Cost to install SC is NOT just $4400. You have to add the cost of premium fuel and new motors when you pop one

PHP:
The SC is very reliable, the blown engines you read about here and there are guys that added the SC and beat the hell out of their truck like it's a dragster.
I didn't "read" about blown SC. I know the guys. And exactly what is the point of a SC if you're not gonna drive it like you stole it?

Sorry man, but SC is not as reliable as a stock motor. Not only do guys pop the motor, but the blowers go bad and problems with the pulleys etc.

People install SC all the time and drive them around with no problems so I guess it depends on your definition of "reliable" but no way you will convince me its as reliable as the stock motor.

Some headers offer 50hp/90tq increase and same reliability as OEM so trying to compare that upgrade to a SC upgrade is silly

you missed MY point. Cost to install SC is NOT just $6-7k. You have to add the cost of premium fuel and new motors when you pop one
Missed it again. I didn’t say cost to install SC is $4400. That is MY total out of pocket for the exhaust system.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

There I fixed it for you, but you knew what I meant

Discussion starter · #33 ·
The complete kit with cats is $4000.00 before tax & shipping, and there is always something else to buy for the installation. So $4400.00 is about right for this particular kit before installation.

I didn’t pay that as I didn’t buy direct from AR. I have a good friend who runs a shop and got a good deal on installation too. I also went with the cat-less system

Replacing the exhaust system on a Tundra will NEVER add 70 hp, but it WILL definitely look nice and make a loud noise.
Of course, the manufacturer or re-seller (DAP) would want you to believe otherwise.
What surprises me is that people are willing to dish out $4000 on the system, but not the $300 or so to do a before and after dyno pulls.
I guess ignorance is bliss.
I've spent well over a grand on dyno runs before and after most of my mods.
Unfortunately, they ended up proving time and time again that the advertised power is just not there.
The only thing that makes real power on these trucks is forced induction.
It does blow engines up as well however :)

21 - 40 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.