Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to replace my brakes. I have been looking at some kits in Amazon like the power stop and others. I'm curious what your experiences have been. Any long term reviews? I see some people on Amazon saying they got 15000 miles on the pads and they are gone or the rotors are warped. Some reviews give 5 stars but they are not long term reviews. I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have used the Powerstop rotors and pads for the wife's Highlander; purchased them online through Rock Auto. I had no issues with them. I'll buy them again when it's time for brakes on my Tundra, which could be in the near future as I'm approaching 80K on the factory set.

I do look at Amazon reviews on almost everything I buy there, and I do pay more attention to negative reviews. But I also temper those reviews on items like this realizing that buying and installing brakes is a lot more complex than something like buying a fishing reel. The poor reviews don't discuss how they installed the pads, if they bedded them in after install, if they properly accounted for the emergency brake pads on the rears, if they cleaned everything and used brake lube, or...........well, you get the idea.

Brake pads and rotors are not that hard, but there are things that have to be done correctly for good performance.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Replaced rotors with the Powerstops and brakes with the Hawk for towing. Around 40k or so on the pads and rotors. Checked them 5k or so ago and still in good shape for another 20k or so. Pads grip really well, better than the factory. Tow a 7000 lb travel trailer about half the time. Only complaint I really have is that the brakes can be really noisy when stopping if I have been off-road or in dusty conditions. I will order another set of the Hawk pads when they need to be replaced. I bought everything online and had my reliable local mechanic install everything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts