Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,314 Posts
I like em because they don't corrode as fast in Minnesota winters and road salt, so no air leaks. And if they do, I can pickup a set damn cheap from all you rich bast&rds swapping them out for those fancy dancy aluminum rims!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: 2010

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Many times for me it's not the looks of the wheel that's the problem, it's the offset and the width. I like things to be flush. Spacers are hit and miss. Steelies are heavy sometimes, I dunno about the Tunder steelies.

·
Registered
8,147 Posts
If you like the looks, go for it. I've seen some powder-coated ones that looked nice.

Steelie is roughly 5 lbs heavier than TRD off-road wheel. From what I read, it seems that they are not as well designed and made. Its inner lips has tendency to catch snow (which turns into ice) and throw the wheel off balance. It's lug centric. Some people find it more difficult to balance. Some speculate that it's not as round as the aluminum wheel because of a difference process of making it. In other words, it's more cheaply made. You could pick up a set of this for less than 100 bucks,

it seems that most people seem to hate the look But it's your truck and that 'most people' aren't paying for you to please their eyes.

Reactions: Dragos28

·
Premium Member
6,874 Posts
i like em too. but only with Off road tires and painted black.

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
Yes....Yes you are.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've gottem too. Gonna try and dip them this weekend. Wife surprised me with cans of plasti dip yesterday. Not sure she knows what she just started. Anything black will look much better.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I plan on getting mine a dark grey metallic powder coat, as close to my truck color as possible, I still pulled off over 20mpg with them on, do the extra weight hasn't hurt that

·
Registered
408 Posts
Yep, youre the only one. I cant even give mine away. :)

Reactions: MetalMonkey

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
i like em too. but only with Off road tires and painted black.
I think this is the only pic I've seen where they look pretty good though they are the other style steelie...and of course it's Jowett's truck.

Reactions: SP
1 - 20 of 41 Posts