Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am wondering if I am running my tundra's 5.7 v8 to hard. I probably get on it, or floor it, once a day, and was wondering how bad this is for my motor. Obviously it is not great for my motor, nor does it improve fuel economy, but is it actually that bad to floor my tundra this often? The only reason I am really worrying is because I just blew a motor in my old vehicle. I've also never really had a light foot when it comes to driving, which I think was one of the main reasons for my engine failure.
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hello, I am wondering if I am running my tundra's 5.7 v8 to hard. I probably get on it, or floor it, once a day, and was wondering how bad this is for my motor. Obviously it is not great for my motor, nor does it improve fuel economy, but is it actually that bad to floor my tundra this often? The only reason I am really worrying is because I just blew a motor in my old vehicle. I've also never really had a light foot when it comes to driving, which I think was one of the main reasons for my engine failure.
Thanks in advance!!!
Just make sure you change your oil filter and air filter at the recommended intervals. Toyotas are very reliable if you maintain them.

·
Registered
326 Posts
You should have no worries... As long as you keep up on maintenance. If you do not maintain your motor it will die, being hard on an unmaintained motor will cause it to die sooner.

things like belts will wear out sooner, you should change fluids (including trans / diff, and coolant) at the sever use intervals. which I believe is 30K miles. but this is normal maintenance, which is key.

your gas tank will also need filling much more often. But if you are ok with all that, than use all the go pedal you want.

Reactions: JT74 and Dragos28
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.