Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK. When I looked around for campers the one that I originally wanted was sold and this one had everything I wanted but it is slightly bigger. According to the specs the Dry Weight is 7,410, Payload Capacity is 2,585 and the Hitch Weight is 760. I'm not a heavy packer and it is just me and two kids. My Tundra is 4X4 SRS with a standard bed and has the complete tow package so I should be able to two 9,900. Do you think my truck will safely pull the camper? I've towed a 30' trailer with it before but it was an ultra-lite model. I love my Tundra and really don't want a bigger truck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I recently bought a Jayco Eagle HT 264BHOK. When I looked around for campers the one that I originally wanted was sold and this one had everything I wanted but it is slightly bigger. According to the specs the Dry Weight is 7,410, Payload Capacity is 2,585 and the Hitch Weight is 760. I'm not a heavy packer and it is just me and two kids. My Tundra is 4X4 SRS with a standard bed and has the complete tow package so I should be able to two 9,900. Do you think my truck will safely pull the camper? I've towed a 30' trailer with it before but it was an ultra-lite model. I love my Tundra and really don't want a bigger truck.
If you have a good weight distribution hitch and don't overload with gear you'll be fine. Also don't drive 80 mph. 4th gear manual mode and 65/70 mph should be comfortable.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 🤗 I am getting a weight distribution hitch installed and brake controls. I’m a little nervous going up an extra 3 feet on length but I’ll make sure I take it easy. The only issue now is being strategic stopping for gas. If Tundra made a diesel for US customers I’d be in heaven.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts