Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
I recently put in an upgraded alternator into my 14 5.7. The alternator is from Nation Starter & Alternators. I also upgraded all wiring as well.
The voltage gauge is bouncing up and down at idle. So I put in a voltage bypass but it is still jumping. I can hear the ac fan going up and down. This is all at idle. Please help. Bad alternator?

·
Registered
2020 Silver Toyota Platinum Tundra 4WD
278 Posts
I suspect you've got a bad alternator like the voltage regulator isn't very good. Guessing a rebuilt one and it wasn't fully checked out when the did the rebuild.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same issue on my factory one. It would fluctuate at idle, but while driving, it was fine. Replaced the alternator and it solved the issue.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Huh. Interesting…

·
Registered
26 Posts
So after tracing all of my new additions I believe I found the source of my bouncing voltmeter needle. I am not even joking, the positive battery connection was loose. Almost embarrassing putting this on here but figured it might help the next guy.

·
Registered
965 Posts
🤣🤣🤣 I would take that as a win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.