Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wheels I want to run:

Fuel Trophy 20" unfortunately they only come in 1 offset

I have Icon coilovers set to 2.5" stock height.

I really want tall tire I can fit, I know I want duratracs. These are my options

275/65/20 which is a 34" inch tire
285/60/20 which is a 33.5" tire
305/55/20 which is a 33" tire

Which tire I would run without rubbing, don't want to cut out metal or mod body mount.

Thanks
Vic

·
Registered
263 Posts
285/60/20 is best compromise if you ask me. I'm running 275/65/20's and although I like the height, the width leaves a little to be desired. I'd gladly trade 1/4 of sidewall height for almost 1/2 of width. You didn't mention what offset those come in (and I'm too lazy to look it up). The 305's look cool but I'm not convinced they wouldn't rub (based on how my 275's look) and I think they might stick out enough to need flares. This is just based on what I've seen on the site.

·
Registered
263 Posts
offset is 1
That's funny. I thought you meant they only came in one offset like only +30 or only +18. You literally meant they only come in +1.

So those are going to stick out more because of the offset. In that case, the wider options will probably look good but I still think you might be a position to consider some flares.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Nice looking wheels.
The 275's are too skinny IMO. I'm running the 285's on a 3" lift, 20x9's +12 with steer stops welded on.
With mudflaps off I have 1/2" clearance on one side and 1" clearance to the rear bodymounts.
That offset is going to make the BM's hella close. I'm not sure what's better..285's 33.5" or 305's being wider, but .5" shorter in height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts