Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 2108 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
This probably doesn't count as a major wheel/tire upgrade, but what the hell, it's fancy by my standards (I have low standards). Here's everything I've done since I bought her in Feb 2016
Specs: 2014 Tundra SR, double cab, long bed, 5.7L
20 percent tint all around, except for the front of course
Raptor nerf bars
CrimeStopper SP-502
Wheels: BBS RD423 20x9
Tires: Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 275/55R20

Pic one is pre upgrade. The rest are just a bunch of post upgrade pics. The stock steelies with the cheesy chrome plastic caps drove me nuts, hence, I just needed a simple, not too flashy upgrade.

Side question: If anyone feels like weighing in real quick. The shop has the new tires all at 40PSI. I generally have an empty bed. Does this sound reasonable? I ran stockers at around 35-38 all around.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally upgraded my wheel and tires...went to 295/60R20 Toyo OC AT 2, with 20x9 +18 wheels. Sitting on a ReadyLift 3/1 SST. Exactly the look I was going for AND still fits in the garage (barely)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,169 Posts
Side question: If anyone feels like weighing in real quick. The shop has the new tires all at 40PSI. I generally have an empty bed. Does this sound reasonable? I ran stockers at around 35-38 all around.
I like mine pretty tight so I usually have them on the high side. I don't (flame me now) use the door placard. I tend to run toward the higher side of the max inflation pressure rating of the tire.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nah, no flaming from me. Now that Tundraman guy who keeps trolling about how great Fords are, he deserves flaming. Anyway, It is a heavy truck, so maybe that helps you run higher pressure. I'll probably end up leaving it in the upper 30's to 40, and see how it goes. I'm in the rain state (Florida), so I don't want to be sliding around.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Nah, no flaming from me. Now that Tundraman guy who keeps trolling about how great Fords are, he deserves flaming. Anyway, It is a heavy truck, so maybe that helps you run higher pressure. I'll probably end up leaving it in the upper 30's to 40, and see how it goes. I'm in the rain state (Florida), so I don't want to be sliding around.
That idiot is so obnoxious. Ford is complete garbage.

·
Registered
668 Posts
ha! He can't stop. He's pushing the brand now in the "Thinking of trading in my Tundra" and Tundra vs. Titan thread. I can't look away, and fight the urge to weigh in since he's a troll. Anyhow, I'll stfu since I'm derailing this thread ;)

Reactions: bigsapz

·
Registered
318 Posts
This probably doesn't count as a major wheel/tire upgrade, but what the hell, it's fancy by my standards (I have low standards). Here's everything I've done since I bought her in Feb 2016
Specs: 2014 Tundra SR, double cab, long bed, 5.7L
20 percent tint all around, except for the front of course
Raptor nerf bars
CrimeStopper SP-502
Wheels: BBS RD423 20x9
Tires: Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015 275/55R20

Pic one is pre upgrade. The rest are just a bunch of post upgrade pics. The stock steelies with the cheesy chrome plastic caps drove me nuts, hence, I just needed a simple, not too flashy upgrade.

Nice job! And glad to see another in the LONGBED club! My loads are big enough that a LongBed has been essential in delivering the goods. ;)
On your pressure, without heavy load in the bed I'd run it a few pounds lower(36ish) than the front personally to keep the stock shock bounce from being too pronounced.
Nice choice on tire too, they should serve you well.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Nice job! And glad to see another in the LONGBED club! My loads are big enough that a LongBed has been essential in delivering the goods. ;)
On your pressure, without heavy load in the bed I'd run it a few pounds lower(36ish) than the front personally to keep the stock shock bounce from being too pronounced.
Nice choice on tire too, they should serve you well.
I never see long beds, maybe a six footer from time to time, but mostly the 5 footers. Not that it's a bad thing. I always figured, if I'm going to have a big pickup truck, I want the biggest bed. I'm not trying to fool anyone. So far the Tundra has only hauled logs and yard clippings from my yard. I really load er up though. In the future it may tow a motorcycle or something, but nothing major. I'm one of those arseholes who got the biggest pickup "BECAUSE I JUST WANTED ONE!" ;)

I may take your advice and lower the rear a bit. I was going over a section of road today that had those bumps evenly spaced out. The truck was doing the bed dance quite a bit. Maybe a bit more than typical. Some of it may be a symptom of going up to 20" rims. No big deal, It doesn't really bother me, as I like the old fashion "Truck ride." But, it wouldn't hurt to give it a shot, maybe drop it to 36 or so in the back.

I'm more than happy with the rims and tires. With any luck, I don't curb them. I'm not the most eloquent driver when it comes to a 20 foot long truck. I can drive the Prius like a mofo though.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
1601 - 1620 of 2108 Posts