Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my box is getting a new box side and getting the whole box repainted, anyways I snapped a couple pictures with the box off, these things have no length back there lol. I was thinking itd look badass with a flat bed, anyone have pictures of one of these with a nice aluminum flat?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
7,071 Posts
I've seen a DC with a flat bed, looked pretty good. But then again the DC has either a 6-1/2' or an 8' bed where the CM only has a 5-1/2' bed so there's gonna be a frame length difference back there LOL.

·
Cereal Killer
20,307 Posts
I wonder what the performance difference would be. Certainly removing several hundred pounds would promote better acceleration, but this weight removal is over the axle, which would reduce traction. :dunno:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Certainly no performance increase with a flat bed, we have a steel flat bed on our Duramax and it is way heavier than the original box, my body shop told me 2 guys can easily lift the tundra box off that it was so light

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
You got that right, Creo! I've taken the box off on a few of my project trucks. On flat frozen ground with 1" of snow, you aint going anywhere unless you engage 4hi.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
So my box is getting a new box side and getting the whole box repainted, anyways I snapped a couple pictures with the box off, these things have no length back there lol. I was thinking itd look badass with a flat bed, anyone have pictures of one of these with a nice aluminum flat?

There you go. All you got to do is elevate that tailgate sitting on the frame and you got yourself a big spoiler.:D

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You gonna add body lift to that?
I have a 3" performance accessories kit for it but haven't decided on it yet. After I get it back from the shop it will also have pocket flares on it so I figured I'd wait to see how it looks then before I add it, otherwise id just do it now with the box off lol

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Remove tailgate, tail lights, remove trim around gas cap, remove box bolts, unclipped tail light harness from under box as well as rear camera wire harness. Remove box. It's easy to see what needs to be done.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Here is my RCSB when it was getting fixed. I wanted to try to drive it like this but they wouldn't let me :'( probably wouldn't hook up for shit :p

Attachments

·
"Resident Liberal"
12,237 Posts
My wife's cousin has a black 4 door chevy 2500 with a utility bed on it.
It's a fine looking truck.

Reactions: Mr. Creosote
1 - 20 of 20 Posts