Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does it cost for GOOD alignment service? Truck pulls to the right. And it might be a long shot, but, does anyone know of someone who does good alignment service in the DFW area?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Probably about $100. I'd take it to a Toyota dealer. They specialize in these vehicles.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I use firestone... lifetime alignment $170! I take it in every 4-5 months

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Also I bought my last set of tires from Tire Kingdom and with it I got alignments for free which is highly recommended to use every year. This is how you can get over 60k miles out of your tires.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have heard bad thing about firestone lifetime. I am a novice driveway mechanic. I dont want to be taken advantage of. I want to make sure they do it right and not try to tell me that my I need to fix this or that before they can do an alignment. Firestone or or mom and pop?

·
Registered
122 Posts
I say Toyota dealership. I have an appointment with mine on Tuesday..... $89. I just installed a leveling kit and 315/70r17's and the alignment is whacked. Toyota dealership all the way! They know the ins and outs of these trucks!

Reactions: rockstate45

·
Registered
583 Posts
Another firestone lifetime alignment here- got it for $99 on sale. They're usually pretty good there. Most places now just let the machine do the work anyways... if you're really concerned- find a off road build shop who's techs have probably dealt with and seen it all... a stock suspension (just going by your sig) would be a cake walk.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I say Toyota dealership. I have an appointment with mine on Tuesday..... $89. I just installed a leveling kit and 315/70r17's and the alignment is whacked. Toyota dealership all the way! They know the ins and outs of these trucks!
Might want to be careful with just letting them align it after a level. It'll chew right through the tires if they just throw it in the green. Take it from those who have had to learn that the tough way!

-rockstate

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey RockState, can you elaborate? Are there certain parameters that should be met with a leveling kit? I thought it should be within factory specs?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Might want to be careful with just letting them align it after a level. It'll chew right through the tires if they just throw it in the green. Take it from those who have had to learn that the tough way!

-rockstate
Rocky you beautiful bastid.... you still around the exterior of KC?

Bought a level for my blue bomber.... get your asss over here and install it hahaha... ill buy beer and wings!!!!

As far as alignment go... I'm either going to have the dealership or a local off road shop do it. Should I just show up with Socal's numbers and ask that they shoot for those? Just FYI its a supreme suspensions 3/1.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
486 Posts
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but Tundras have a sensor on the steering shaft that communicates with the VSC system. It determines where your steering wheel is turned, in combination with other sensors, to make corrections. Most shops don't have the equipment to recalibrate that sensor when doing alignments, but Toyota does. I'm wondering how that plays into aligning it properly?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Rocky you beautiful bastid.... you still around the exterior of KC?

Bought a level for my blue bomber.... get your asss over here and install it hahaha... ill buy beer and wings!!!!

As far as alignment go... I'm either going to have the dealership or a local off road shop do it. Should I just show up with Socal's numbers and ask that they shoot for those? Just FYI its a supreme suspensions 3/1.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Hah let's do it man! I'm game any weekend that it's decently warm! I don't think this weekend will be too enticing though....

-rockstate

1 - 20 of 22 Posts