Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting my new tires and wheels next week and will be installing the LRO 3/1 this weekend. Should I wait for the new wheels/tires to come in and get it aligned then, or is it ok to get it aligned with the stock tires. I won't be driving the truck unless I absolutely need to, so I can wait if needed.

Also, what do you recommend? Align to SoCal's specs or to the specs that come with the 3/1 instructions?:confused:

Reactions: Wacked

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont have the specs in front of me at the moment. I'll post them up here later.

Reactions: Wacked

·
Registered
10 Posts
I dont have the specs in front of me at the moment. I'll post them up here later.
I'm in the same situation as you are and just spoke to LRO regarding their 3/1 leveling kit and specs. I want to put the lift kit on now and get it aligned, but will be putting taller tires on later. Stickin with the stock wheels. They told me that if you are staying with the same wheels and no offset change, you do not have to get an alignment after putting on taller tires. Any thoughts?

LRO specs:
Alignment Specifications with LRT Lift

Camber
Left 0° Zero Degrees
Right 0° Zero Degrees

Caster
Left 2° Two Degrees (+) Positive
Right 2° Two Degrees (+) Positive

Toe
1/32” Inch Toe in (0° 4.5' Minutes or 0.075° Decimal Degrees)

SoCal's:
STOCK TRUCKS:
Camber: +.1 degree camber on both sides.
Caster: As much as possible without sacrificing +.1 degree camber or causing a cross caster pull.
Toe: +.12 degrees per side for a total toe of +.24 degrees. (some guys have had to drop toe to +.04 to +.5 per side/+.08 to +.10 total toe)

LIFTED TRUCKS:
Same As Above ... BUT if you have wheels that have more negative offset than foctory wheels, increase the camber to +.2 degrees. (or even +.3 degrees if they just can't get there with the amount of adjustment allowed by the eccentrics) Adjustable upper control arms are available for cases where there just isn't enough adjustment left in the eccentrics to get a decent alignment. Although they are expensive, most guys with lifts have a lot of $$$ invested in tires so you need to make a judgement call.

·
Registered
143 Posts
socal's specs work. I have .2 camber in one wheel and .3 in the other with .12 toe on both sides and it drives great. Can't remember the caster. Something around 2.0 on both wheels. When the shop originally aligned it they had .6 camber on each side and something like .33 total toe, plus the steering wheel wasn't centered. I had them adjust it to socal's specs and center the steering wheel and it drives nice now.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I have = 35 offset wheels with 275 65 18 tires. I have 2.5 set level with 5100 shocks.
Above sounds good but mine are set at .9 toe per side, -.2 per side camber and caster is 2.something.
I have been looking for any inside tire wear and no issues and definitely no outside wear that was the problem with .3 camber and .18 and .19 toe before.

I think a little negative camber and a little lower toe still is fine from my last 2 year experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts