Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed 5100s, CB shims, 1.5" shackles in the rear. I went and got it aligned and these are the numbers. It seems to drive fine but does drift to the right slightly. It's not enough that I fighting it a lot. It concerned more about the camber. Is it too much positive camber?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I just installed 5100s, CB shims, 1.5" shackles in the rear. I went and got it aligned and these are the numbers. It seems to drive fine but does drift to the right slightly. It's not enough that I fighting it a lot. It concerned more about the camber. Is it too much positive camber?

Following - ive had 3 alignments in 2 weeks and have this very same issue, and my number are very close to yours

·
Registered
44 Posts
Current settings seem to show you have less positive camber. Camber doesn't really change the direction of the steering. Many factors could affect the steering. Worn tires, toe settings and even not centering the steering wheel perfectly while toe aligning could falsely portray a pull of sorts on the steering. What I have found is that there aren't many good alignment shops around. I went to three different places and they all showed different numbers. Some of the big name shops seem to have alignment numbers that are even further off. Maybe you can find a more dedicated truck shop near you?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Not sure who you guys are responding to. I have just noticed after some reading that people are looking for camber closer to +.1. I am worried about being too much camber and tires wearing wrong. Thoughts? Thank you

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Sub

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
That's a good question. I don't know. Is that even possible to adjust the rear?

Yes, I used to work at Hunter Engineering for many years and the tear ends have a shin kit “if” required. Obviously only installed if required and rare on a vehicle like a Tundra if ever

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Not sure who you guys are responding to. I have just noticed after some reading that people are looking for camber closer to +.1. I am worried about being too much camber and tires wearing wrong. Thoughts? Thank you
Look at your alignment cams on the LCA. If both are at max extension, then you can't get less camber with your lift.

If they are not both maxed out, ask them to sacrifice some caster to get your camber lower. Caster is a measure of your "self centering", so it will be more likely to drift around and need correction, but at least your tires won't wear out.

Bottom line is that you lifted it too much for the stock UCAs. I don't know why so many people do that.

Oh, one other thing. If the alignment was done right after the lift, you may want to wait awhile for it to settle. If it drops any your camber will go down.

Reactions: Jarvis243
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.