Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sooo i was told by my alignment shop, which is one of the best around, that my driver side tire is leaning in towards the uca. they also could no get my lower control arm loose because the nut and bolt are seized (dont remember what side). I did not get the numbers as this place is old school and still writes every thing up. I was wondering if I could adjust my LR uca to get rid of this lean. Any help from the experts??

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
You have a bent spindle then

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I brought the truck to the dealership that I really trust and they figured out that the bushing/sleeve where the lower control arm mounts to the frame is seized and that is causing the lack of adjustability. They recommended getting new bushings if that's even available or else the lower control arm would have to be replaced to get it into spec.. Experts please help out!! My passengers side is really bad (-1.5*) and I don't want to be wearing expensive 35's down in 10k miles

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
So I brought the truck to the dealership that I really trust and they figured out that the bushing/sleeve where the lower control arm mounts to the frame is seized and that is causing the lack of adjustability. They recommended getting new bushings if that's even available or else the lower control arm would have to be replaced to get it into spec.. Experts please help out!! My passengers side is really bad (-1.5*) and I don't want to be wearing expensive 35's down in 10k miles
Just get the bushings/eccentrics replaced! how much are we talking???

Oh and I would trust a job like that to a local off road shop not the stealership. Its not a complicated job...

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I guess they don't sell the bushings separate from the lca's..... I'm going to keep on hunting and probably do the work myself cuz the dealership wants a ton of money of course.

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
The LCA bushings appear to be pressed in rubber ones to me.

I would switch them out for poly.

Coachbuilder might have some ideas for you. He sells bushings for the rear leafs. Had to work with a bushing manufacturer and purchase a min number (I think like 1000). If no one makes bushings that are the right size, maybe we can talk him into an order or get a group buy going or something...

But I thought you said the bolt was seized? Is it seized to the sleeve in the bushing??? Pix?

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well the adjustment cam is seized in the bushing, so yes your right. It sounds as if its corroded in a similar fashion to my stock shackle. Ended up using a blow torch to get that off. I was just surfing the web and found new bushings and cams so now I don't have to dish out 800 for lca's!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts