Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the local dealership this morning to get my first service on my 2013 Tundra. Through tons of research on here I discovered that my truck had an alarm installed but it was not activated so I figured I would get them to turn it on via the techstream application. I was ready for a fight and some hassling after reading many of the posts here how dealerships did not even know how to turn it on and how they wanted to charge others on here to perform this simple function. I even printed out the instructions so I had them in hand for the tech. Well to my surprise when I asked them to do this they said no problem and when I said how much will this set me back he said no charge. I almost fell over. I thanked him profusely and hurried into the waiting room still shocked at what just happened. Glad to report my alarm now works and thanks to everyone on here for the useful information!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Lock it with the window down. Wait 60 seconds, reach in through the window and open the door. Then you will certainly know if you have the alarm.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Even if the alarm does not go off the alarm is still there just not activated. So if it don't go off go see your dealer abd have it turned on

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2013 trudra with the 5.7 engine SR5 and TRD packages and tried to set off alarm and nothing. My dealer said my truck does not have an alarm, just the key fob to lock/ unlock it. Just wondering as seen some where that all 2013's wiyh 5.7 engine had alarms

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
This goes for an 08 as well?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Your dealer does not know what he is talking about. Most dealers don't know about it. Why ? That's yet to be determined. All they have to do is hook up there tech stream and activate it. It's just the alarm where your truck honks and the lights flash. Like you hit the panic button. What you don't have is the glass break sensor part.. which you don't need to have the alarm sound off

·
Registered
416 Posts
If your truck has keyless entry and engine immobilizer it has an alarm. If there is a red key icon in the display that blinks when the truck is off and key out of ignition you have the alarm, just need to get it activated!

·
Premium Member
3,918 Posts
^^i do so ill have to bring it to the stealership and see what they say.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got my 10k mile service today and asked them to activate my alarm. They looked at me like I was stupid. I simply said "I knew yall wouldn't know what I was talking about" and I walked off.I will print instructions off for my next visit.

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Turn it by pushing the door unlock remote.

Seriously, there are more trucks that have the alarm, then those that don't.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just got back from the dealership, and they set my alarm up for me! It was even done by the service manager who at first told me my truck did not have an alarm, i printed out the page from Sparks Toyota about it and gave it ti him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts