Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nowadays due to the high rate of pollution the standard K&N filters or the oil ones are almost useless because they are too weak to deal with the unpleasant smell in the car like after smoking a cigarette or against the harmful substances consisting in the air like CO2. After reading a post on damagecontrol-911.com about the ozone generator I immediately replaced my air filter with it. A lot of people are saying that these filters are hard to use but during one year I did nothing to it and it works perfectly. If you want a good air filter then buy one of this and trust me that you won't regret it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I am not sure why your response. Do you realize what takes place to your paper filter once it gets wet? Have you read about the construction of the K/N filter? The filter is cotton cloth, and has a stainless steel frame, could that survive better in a wet environment compared to paper that just falls apart when wet and after it gets some miles on it? We all know how the dirt can get through even small holes and what happens next! You might want to reconsider your choice of filter on your cub cadet!
Then i will elaborate
Yes yes everyone knows how they are constructed . OMG.
K&N = horrible filtration . There are lab tests proving it . They do not even start to filter "fines" until they get dirty .
Wet ? How many times do you get yours Wet ? IF often worry more about hydro locking your engine. Better use of time would be read up on how fine dirt that gets thru the K&N wears out your engine. BUT if one only keeps a truck 60-80 k before trading it in , who even cares what filter to run ( the next owner will pay that price )

OEM Filter and Intake System
47000 Miles all kinds of weather , and yes some VERY wet weather standing water at speed. ect ect
Fines are trapped. Overall not very dirty and condition very good.
NO evidence of water damage whatsoever .
So worry over water damage theory , just doesn't hold any water .
I may feel sorry for my OEM filter at 65k and change it out .

To my point about filtration :The one gentlemen runs the K&N on his tundra , but wouldn't even consider this filter on his play in the dirt equipment . Case and point .

PS . There are fine abrasives everywhere on the roadway , stirred up by vehicle air and tires , one cannot see them inside nice a comfortable truck . But it is there abrading the windshield and will enter the air intake for the engine as well . . If one has ever ridden a motorcycle perhaps a bit to close behind an 18 wheeler , you can feel the fine grit flying around .

But to each his own truck , good luck and many happy Tundra miles.
24hrsparkey

21 - 23 of 23 Posts