Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
TRD and K&N air filter not available

I have called many dealers and there is not TRD or K&N air filter available for the Tundra 2014, 5.7L.

If anyone has a different information let me know the part # and where you got it. And we are talking for the 5.7L V8. A picture could be add too lol

:)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have called many dealers and there is not TRD or K&N air filter available for the Tundra 2014, 5.7L.

If anyone has a different information let me know the part # and where you got it. And we are talking for the 5.7L V8. A picture could be add too lol

:)
It's been established that there's a TRD filter for the 5.7. At least one person here is running one. I ordered one yesterday.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's been established that there's a TRD filter for the 5.7. At least one person here is running one. I ordered one yesterday.
Is it possible that you give me the part # that you ordered?

If you go on the TRD site you will find a TRD filter but that filter is not for the 5.7L, 2014. I ordered it and returned it because it doesnt fit.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Some are saying yes, others no ... when you call toyota and k&n they say no we don't have one yet ...

its a mess...
So what do you say to the guy who's actually running one in his 5.7? Mine will be here in a couple days and I'll be sure to report back.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
I'm running the TRD filter for my 2014 5.7L that I bought from Browns Toyota in Glen Burnie MD. It fits great. I bought a 2013 K&N hoping it would fit but it to big.

Here are some pics

photo (2).JPG

photo (3).JPG

·
Registered
478 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Is there any dyno numbers for either filter?
I don't think anyone here is purchasing a OEM replacement air filters with performance in mind. I think its more due to it being a 1 time purchase, not having to purchase the manufacturers paper filters every X amount of miles.

If they are purchasing for improved HP....send me some money, ill send you some nice stickers that are guaranteed +10 HP :)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Is there any dyno numbers for either filter?
I am trying one because looking at the redesigned 14 oem filter it looks very restrictive. It's still pleated paper but they added a layer of foam on the inlet side of the filter. Probably for noise reduction but I am betting it adds some sort of restriction as well. Plus side of the TRD is I never buy another filter and the oem paper filters for my old 10 had gone to $31 bucks. I'm sure the new filter cost even more. I went ahead and ordered the filter cleaner/recharge kit when I ordered the filter. I have the k&n cleaner kit but wasn't sure if they are the same or not. I use the k&n kit on my roadrace bikes air filter so it's not going to waste.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
I look forward to impressions as well. I am wanting to get something besides the restrictive stock. Adding a Magnaflow muffler soon too so that will help it breathe on both ends when I get the air filter as well.

·
Registered
478 Posts
14 TRD 5.7 filter fiit right in. Not much difference maybe a little more noise when stepping into throttle with a heavy foot. $54 at TRDsparks with quick shipping.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts