Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running a readylift level lift in the front and airlift 5000 helper springs (for towing) in the rear. Right now the truck sits pretty much level with 18 psi in the driver side rear bag and 10 psi in the passenger bag. It use to sit level with 10psi in both bags when I first installed them but for some reason after using them towing my trailer for the first time it needs more air in the driver side bag now. Does anyone know why this is the case?

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
It probably has nothing to do with towing. All the Tundra's (especially 4wd) begin to lean toward the driver side because Toyota has too much weight on that side of the truck. More than likely, yours has just 'settled' in now. I have to run 5 psi on the passenger side and about 22 psi on the driver side to get her level.

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It probably has nothing to do with towing. All the Tundra's (especially 4wd) begin to lean toward the driver side because Toyota has too much weight on that side of the truck. More than likely, yours has just 'settled' in now. I have to run 5 psi on the passenger side and about 22 psi on the driver side to get her level.
Okay that makes a lot of sense thanks. Should I then get the truck aligned at the level I drive at daily ?

· Premium Member
11,775 Posts
Okay that makes a lot of sense thanks. Should I then get the truck aligned at the level I drive at daily ?
Yes, but slight variances of air pressure in the rear of the truck should not really affect the stance/height in the front of the truck much. The height of the truck in the front is pretty well fixed based on your readylift. It will change under heavy towing load but a weight distribution hitch and your air bags should bring it back in-line again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.