Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I installed the hewitt AIP bypass and all went good except when putting the block off plates on the drivers side I now have a exhaust leak where the 2 flanges meet and where the block off plate goes. I brought it into my local shop to see if they would seal it and they made a mess with JBweld as you can see in the picture. My question is can you take off the upper air tube assembly that connects to the Mainfold and take that out to get a gasket or something in there? its too tight totry and slide anything in between the 2 flanges and now I will have to try and get that JBweld off there FFS. Any help would be appreciated guys

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surely you were very close in positioning the block off plate appropriately. That’s hard to look at! It’s difficult for me to imagine a service/repair facility went this route. Anyway, if it was my problem, I’d start working at removing the JB Weld. I’d try either a die grinder or a Dremel tool. I’d even attack it with a file if the first two methods were unsuccessful. I know space is limited and it will require much patience and a lot of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts