Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put aftermarket leather in a 2011 Tundra crew max Limited Platinum such as Roadwire, Katzkin, Alea, etc? I'm wanting to do black leather in my build but can't find a kit. Everyone says it doesn't replace factory leather. Let me know what you used. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
How does a Platinum Limited not have leather?

Or are you just wanting to replace the factory leather trim covers?

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Has anyone put aftermarket leather in a 2011 Tundra crew max Limited Platinum such as Roadwire, Katzkin, Alea, etc? I'm wanting to do black leather in my build but can't find a kit. Everyone says it doesn't replace factory leather. Let me know what you used. Thanks!
I thought that was two different models Platinum and Limited not both together.

·
Registered
6,445 Posts
I think the OP want to know if anybody who had factory leather, replaced it with aftermarket brand?
I thought that the OEM was an aftermarket but maybe that is only the dealer installed product.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Leatherseats.com out of okc has some really nice samples, they were super helpful when I called with questions. I haven't gotten around to ordering from them but I probably will when I'm ready. Good prices too.

Reactions: YoungGuns

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The problem with factory leather is sometimes the pattern is a actually different. I am a Roadwire dealer I will talk to my rep tomorrow and find out if it is do able I know fords and Chevy are different if the come with factory leather but I was able to get leather for our land cruiser that came with it factory. I know if you call the customer service desk the generic answer is "no it will not work with factory leather but ill try to get more information for you.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
I have a Everglades Limited kit in my 2013 Tundra I purposely bought it cloth because I did not see the value in paying for a factory leather kit when I could spend a few hundred more and get something that I wanted the way I wanted it and with the quality that I wanted it in.
I am very pleased with my kit. shoot me a pm and I will send you some pics if you want them as well as the person I bought them from. ( a memeber on here). Just about as easy a transaction as it gets.

·
Registered
70 Posts
kbbauman,how well does the Katzkins center leather match your factory center console cover. I have heard it doesnt match but yours looks like it does in the picture. What color grey is that from Katzkins? It looks really good.
Thanks, it's very close if not exactly right on mine. I don't notice a difference. The insert color was ice gray.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I called one of the manufacturers I sell leather for today, I'll call another tomorrow but I think the problem your going to run into is since most of the companies that make aftermarket leather are doing it to upgrade from cloth they pattern cloth trucks and the tundra isn't available with a power passenger seat without leather, the factory leather patterns are the same as the cloth but the power seats have a different cushion so there might be fit issues with the passenger seat cushion, nothing you couldn't work around but it might take a little bit of extra work to install.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts