Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an installation kit that looks more stock (brushed aluminum appearance) for aftermarket HUs? The only ones I've found are plain ABS or high gloss black. Do people just accept the black color, or is there an alternative that keeps the brushed aluminum look?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I assume by the lack of responses that the 2 all-black options available on eBay are the only options currently?

·
Registered
206 Posts
I looked it up and mostly all I see is black... I you are talking about head unit installs I saw one on eBay that is a brushed look... But I don't know how to post the link here

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I keep searching eBay. The only ones I see for 2014 are black. I'll have to look into some of the spray-on/paint-on aluminum colors. Not sure how it will turn out. I'd still rather go with an OEM Nav unit, but I've been searching for 3 months now with no success.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I may have a project in the near future...

Thanks for the replies. I hadn't thought about looking for the 3M stuff.

·
Premium Member
911 Posts
Just bought some of that 3M wrap last night. Planning to do the chrome cupholder trim (or at least attempt to) with it. I may also try to do the Toyota badge on the grill as well.

And of course saving some for when I get my aftermarket stereo next spring :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let me know how the cupholder goes with some pics. As I was blinded today while driving, I thought a little harder about changing it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Let us know how it turns out

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm still looking for a non-JBL NAV unit myself. Been looking since January almost daily with no luck...

·
Premium Member
1,033 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ebay had them for $600. I can't find the sold links for them on here, but I want to say that there were a couple that went for around $800. I can't speak for everyone, but I think there's several people here (myself included) that have been looking long enough to make it worthwhile to sell the unit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts