Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've finally abandoned the dark side (not really) after owning two Titans and bought a brand new cement 2018 Crewmax TRD tonight. Although not completely trouble free, both of my Titans were great trucks. The second generation just didn't quite do it for me, and while the Tundra doesn't quite stack up to the competition in some areas, it won out in others (mainly proven reliability). The Titan's counterpart to this site has been priceless over the years, so I'm excited to learn from y'all here and pitch in where I can. Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Love that color! I have a couple of buddies that have Titans. They have been good trucks for them, besides one of my friends loosing a couple gears in his tranmission... he drives like a crazy person though, so I don't blame Nissan on that one. What I do like about the Titan is the lack of nanny features. Offroad, the Titan can do some spectacular full throttle tire spinning, while the Tundra requires a Top Gear style procedure to turn off all of that stuff.

You're going to love the engine and extra size of the Tundra! Congrats.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love that color! I have a couple of buddies that have Titans. They have been good trucks for them, besides one of my friends loosing a couple gears in his tranmission... he drives like a crazy person though, so I don't blame Nissan on that one. What I do like about the Titan is the lack of nanny features. Offroad, the Titan can do some spectacular full throttle tire spinning, while the Tundra requires a Top Gear style procedure to turn off all of that stuff.

You're going to love the engine and extra size of the Tundra! Congrats.
For sure! I had the infamous cracked manifolds on my second Titan, so I replaced them with long tube headers and a custom UpRev tune to balance out the air/fuel ratio. That definitely livened up the truck and sounded great. Definitely loving the Tundra so far, though!

Nice, Very Nice

I see the youngin is raring to go!
He was pretty excited once I brought it home! He just turned 3 this year, and I figured once he's old enough to start driving, my Tundra will be as old as the Titan I'm selling is now... Crazy thought!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.